Building Computer for Friend

Building computer for a friend will this work?

AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition 3.4 GHz
Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-S2
Radeon HD 6570 1GB or Radeon HD 4670 512mb
Kingston DDR3 RAM 8GB
Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 1TB
460W Cooler Master Elite
HP 24X CD/DVD Burner
Rosewill Challenger Case
W7x64

*Going for a Cheap Build*
18 answers Last reply
More about building computer friend
  1. both of those GPUs are very weak an won't really play any game past lowest settings. You want a 7770 minimum.

Also, that PSU is crap. Get one from Antec, XFX, Corsair, or Seasonic
  2. Been looking at test for weeks and it easily runs games at med/high
  3. Were the games released 5 years ago they tested on? And was it at 800x600 resolution? Seriously though neither will do much in modern gaming.
  4. Modern games at 1080p you are looking at lowest settings. What is your resolution and what are the games?
  5. Actually,tested on Borderlands 2,and Skyrim and have no idea what his resolution is personaly i was gonna get the 6670 2gb and he has a budget of $500 which the build is already passing by a bit.
  6. It would be helpful if you could provide us a template and your budget.
  7. I'll take the intel hd4000 over that two cards, soeither find more money or don't buy that gpu
  8. xELITEx said:
    Been looking at test for weeks and it easily runs games at med/high
    :heink: were these games old?Nevermind i already know the answer those cards are garbage :na: get a better card i suggest a 6670.
  9. Like tiny voices said, the Coolermaster PSU is near-junk. Depending on the games and resolution, you might find a GDDR5 version of the HD6670 acceptable, but I'd strongly suggest something better. A HD7770 is only $115 now. In between those two lies the HD7750.
    Also, I know you want cheap, but I'd also suggest a better mobo, like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157319 in order to get USB3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s. There's a $10 off promo code on it right now too.
  10. If you aren't going to get at least a 7750 discrete card, throw out the idea of getting a discrete card at all and get an A10-5800k and an FM2 motherboard instead (with DDR3-1866).
  11. Pete, you set very low standards for yourself... LOL

like jacobs said, if you can't scale up the graphics card perhaps an FM2 set up sans a discreet graphics card would be better?

what's the monitor size and resolution, budget, games to be played?
  12. bigcyco1 said:
    This is my suggestion http://pcpartpicker.com/p/EPpR

+1 to this.
  13. $90 is a lot for a motherboard on a budget build.
  14. swifty_morgan said:
    $90 is a lot for a motherboard on a budget build.
    That's true but i do not mess with amd alot so i do not know of a good cheaper board feel free to suggest one. ;)
  15. That's the same ancient-chipset board. The one I linked is a lot better, and is only $65 with that $10 off promo.
  16. let me ask, how "ancient? as "ancient" as the proposed processor? and what's wrong with the chipset.......... not made in 2013? so I guess it's old.

where's the one you suggested?

never mind, i see it............ why did 38% of those people pan it? that's a heck of a lot.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Computers Systems Product