Closed Solved

New card

Hi, I have a stock HP p7-1235. It has 8gb DDR3 1600MHz, an AMD A8-5500 APU, 1tb HDD @ 7200MHz, an AMD Radeon HD 7560D Discrete Graphics, and a Diablotex PHD series 450 watt PSU. I'm looking for a card to run games a bit more challenging that WoW at max settings @ 1980x1080 at at LEAST 60 fps. Will my current PC bottleneck the graphics card I need? Is my cooling adequate? thanks
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about card
  1. BTW, I'm also considering just buying a gaming console, probably the PS3. The only deal breaker is price.
  2. Best answer
    So you are using the onboard from your APU? WoW isn't crazy on the graphic settings. 650Ti would do the trick for wow on max settings the only other thing I would suggest is a SSD. I'll show you what it does for loading things in game. This is when I played and I was able to hit max with flying colors hitting over 120 frames a second on a 560Ti at the time.

here is a list of 650Ti's this site will sort out cards by the cheapest price you can find for them.
  3. Yes, I am. Would my system support the 650? I don't have the money to spend on a couple SSD's for games :P I don't care about the load time, I just want a smooth performance. I can play it now, but at 30 fps standing still up to med settings :P
  4. Your system could handle a 650Ti (The Ti version is better I'd get that over the non Ti). You wouldn't have an issue maxing out the game.

By the way I used 1 SSD :P not multiple unless you are a crazy mofo and you want SSD's in raid :)
  5. Also this if your power supply doesn't have the auxiliary pci express power connection use the adapter with your card you decide on :) EVGA is a solid way to go I'd say mainly due to there warranty and customer service. You don't need anything super fancy with a 650Ti its not a 400-500 dollar card.
  6. Best answer selected by ThePhychoKid.
  7. Thanks :D I'll stick with PC gaming, then. Gotta find a good steam deal... Would the 650Ti handle Just Cause 2?
  8. haha I got a wicked deal on games this little while. I bought Batman Arkham Asylum for 5 dollars Arkham city GOTY edition comes with all the DLC's on both games for 7 something dollars, I got civilization v for 12, and Kotor 2 for 2.50 :P a 650Ti shatters the requirements for recommended settings in that game. (Just Cause 2)

Processor: Intel Core® 2 Duo 2.6 GHz or AMD Phenom X3 2.4GHz or equivalen
    Memory: 3GB system Memory
    Hard Drive:
    Graphics: DX10 compatible graphics card with 512 MB of memory (Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 series/ ATI Radeon HD 5750 series)
    Sound: 100% DirectX 10 compatible Dolby Digital 5.1 sound card
    DirectX®: Microsoft DirectX 10.1
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards AMD Graphics