6230i connectivity to PC...

Last response: in Brands
Share
June 3, 2005 2:08:20 PM

Hi all!

My question is : is there a way to upload something to my phone from pc via IrDa or Bluetooth without using pc sync software (PC Suite...) - only the XP connectivity

Thanx a lot!

More about : 6230i connectivity

Anonymous
June 3, 2005 2:27:53 PM

Igor <bija@baja.com> wrote:
> My question is : is there a way to upload something to my phone from pc via IrDa or
> Bluetooth without using pc sync software (PC Suite...) - only the XP connectivity

It (transferring files in either direction with the 6230i) works fine with
the built-in connectivity provided by my Mac - I'd guess Windows could
handle it too.

miguel
June 3, 2005 5:56:49 PM

Igor wrote:

> My question is : is there a way to upload something to my phone from pc
> via IrDa or Bluetooth without using pc sync software (PC Suite...) -
> only the XP connectivity

No.

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers // Physics and science fiction site:
johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl // http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html

Johan Wevers wrote:
> Igor wrote:
>
>> My question is : is there a way to upload something to my phone from
>> pc via IrDa or Bluetooth without using pc sync software (PC Suite...)
>> - only the XP connectivity
>

> No.

:(

No java app smart enough??? maybe...? perhaps...?

:)

--
-----------------------------
Igor A.

http://vulcanowners.com/crovn/
http://www.vroc.org/view_profile.php?user_id=18684
June 3, 2005 10:39:44 PM

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 10:08:20 +0200, Igor <bija@baja.com> wrote:

>Hi all!
>
>My question is : is there a way to upload something to my phone from pc via IrDa or Bluetooth without using pc sync software (PC Suite...) - only the XP connectivity
>
>Thanx a lot!

My understanding was that, with XP, the handset would be automatically
reconised on connection with your PC via the 6230i's USB port.

>The Right Connections:
>
>When you need to get files from one device to another, the Nokia 6230i phone gives you true versatility with Bluetooth technology, infrared, Pop-Port™, USB (supporting plug-and-play), and GPRS/EDGE networks."
>
> * Transfer images, video clips, audio files, and other files
> * Bluetooth wireless technology: wide range of profiles and APIs for seamless connectivity
> * Infrared
> * USB port
> * Easy remote or local synchronization with a PC or other compatible device
> * Full OMA DRM 1.0 protects copyrighted material
> * Push to talk over cellular (PoC) lets you use your phone like a walkie-talkie

Above taken from http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,69499,00.html
June 4, 2005 1:44:19 PM

ƧØÞ wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 10:08:20 +0200, Igor <bija@baja.com> wrote:
>

>>Hi all!
>>
>>My question is : is there a way to upload something to my phone from pc via IrDa or Bluetooth without using pc sync software (PC Suite...) - only the XP connectivity
>>
>>Thanx a lot!
>

> My understanding was that, with XP, the handset would be automatically
> reconised on connection with your PC via the 6230i's USB port.

yes, but only via USB cable. I would like to avoid carrying the cable with me without loosing the confort of the virtual drive :)
June 4, 2005 1:44:47 PM

Miguel Cruz wrote:
> Igor <bija@baja.com> wrote:
>
>>My question is : is there a way to upload something to my phone from pc via IrDa or
>>Bluetooth without using pc sync software (PC Suite...) - only the XP connectivity
>

> It (transferring files in either direction with the 6230i) works fine with
> the built-in connectivity provided by my Mac - I'd guess Windows could
> handle it too.
>
> miguel
what can I say... go apple! (or xerox) ;)

--
Igor A.

!