Noctua NH-D14 + Corsair Vengeance

drakmagician

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
Hi I installed a NH-D14 with Corsair Vengeance ram and it seems the heatsink is pressing a bit against the ram and was wondering if this could cause problems in the future. Here are some of the images.

Would it be best to get some low clearance ram or is there any way to fix this because I can't return the ram or the heatsink.

Solution
as long as its not flexing it, it should be ok. the only thing that i can say is you are transferring unnecessary heat from your cpu to your ram. i wouldnt overclock anything.

drakmagician

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
Thank you for the reply. I think I will just sell the corsair vengeance and buy g skill ares since they are comaptible and use them instead. I do however have other questions. I using ASrock z77 extreme4 motherboard and it has a 4 pin and 3 pin for connecting cpu fans. Since both of the fans that came with nh-d14 are three pins should I used the y splitter and connect both fans to the 3 pin labeled cpu fan 2 or should I connection one to 4 pin and the other 3 pin? If I do use the y splitter to connect both fans to the 3 pin will the motherboard still have the fan control or will the fans be at full speed?

drakmagician

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
Thank you for the reply. I think I will just sell the corsair vengeance and buy g skill ares since they are comaptible and use them instead. I do however have other questions. I using ASrock z77 extreme4 motherboard and it has a 4 pin and 3 pin for connecting cpu fans. Since both of the fans that came with nh-d14 are three pins should I used the y splitter and connect both fans to the 3 pin labeled cpu fan 2 or should I connection one to 4 pin and the other 3 pin? If I do use the y splitter to connect both fans to the 3 pin will the motherboard still have the fan control or will the fans be at full speed?