Nonfunctional usb 2 ports?

Hey all. I just put a build together with the asrock H77m micro atx board, and everything is running smoothly, except a bunch of the USB 2 ports that come out the back are not working. Only 1 of them appears to be functional. Could this be a driver issue? Any suggestions?
6 answers Last reply
More about nonfunctional ports
  1. Yes, you need drivers. Go to asrocks website to download the "USB" drivers.
  2. might be a driver issue, use the driver disk that came with the mobo. it also just might be a broken mobo, if you are within the time limit you might want to try to RMA it
  3. Watch out. For me, some USB ports not working was a sign of a dieing southbridge. If it progresses you may end up with no boot.

Try installing the drivers. If that fails, return the board while you still can.
  4. FYI, if the drivers don't fix the issue, return the board asap, as the others are correct in that it's a sign of a defective board "if" the drivers don't fix the issue (I have a feeling they will). [/url=http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.us.asp?cat=Download&os=Win764&Model=H77M] Here are the downloads for windows 7 64 bit. I am assuming that the USB that aren't working are actually 3.0 and not 2.0. The 2.0 should work without drivers.
  5. eyeage said:
    FYI, if the drivers don't fix the issue, return the board asap, as the others are correct in that it's a sign of a defective board "if" the drivers don't fix the issue (I have a feeling they will). [/url=http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.us.asp?cat=Download&os=Win764&Model=H77M] Here are the downloads for windows 7 64 bit. I am assuming that the USB that aren't working are actually 3.0 and not 2.0. The 2.0 should work without drivers.

it says in the title they are USB 2 ports, which leads me to strongly suggest you return the board and get a replacement
  6. gommer556 said:
    it says in the title they are USB 2 ports, which leads me to strongly suggest you return the board and get a replacement

I agree, if the driver doesn't fix it, it's a bad board.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build USB Systems