Closed Solved

Which 7970GHz Edition card is better?

I'am planing to buy the 7970GHz edition and found two solid choices. One is from Sapphire and other is from XFX. They both cost $450 but I can only buy one. I wanted to know which card has the best overall reliability on temperatures, overclocking ability, noise and performance. I personally liked the design of the XFX card but I'am open minded and wanting hear your thoughts. I also want to know if buying a video card now is smart, because I've heard that there will be new graphics card coming in few months. I currently use the Intel 4000 and I found it OK for graphics, but still feel like I should buy a graphics card since I play heavily demanding games such as BF3, Farcry 3 and Sniper Elite V2 and such. So which is a better choice? I'am not a fan-boy so any other advice other than these cards will be strongly appreciated. :)

Here are the cards:

1. XFX Double D FX797GTDFC Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition
Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150632

2. SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100351VXSR Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition
Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202001

(I will choose the Best-Answer) :p :)
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about which 7970ghz edition card better
  1. SAPPHIRE Vapor-X
  2. Oh, and I will Crossfire them on a HAF-922 case, 2 Vapor-X looks like it's going to take a some space and will overheat. Any thoughts here?
  3. Best answer
    They are both 2 slot solutions so they fitting will be fine just the same. I would go with the Vapor-x certainly so +1 to big. If you look at the two you get a bit more ventilation with the vapor-x which any extra cooling bonus you can get with a crossfire setup take it because unless you have a bridge that is long they will be sandwiched either way.
  4. Haha, sandwiched gave me a picture of how they will be, so +1 for that :D. Thanks for telling me about the cooling bonus.
    bigshootr8 said:
    They are both 2 slot solutions so they fitting will be fine just the same. I would go with the Vapor-x certainly so +1 to big. If you look at the two you get a bit more ventilation with the vapor-x which any extra cooling bonus you can get with a crossfire setup take it because unless you have a bridge is long they will be sandwiched either way.
  5. Best answer selected by asalikus.
  6. Yea haha! In most cases that is the case if you have a extended mobo though you could get a super large bridge and it would be better airflow wise but yes the vapor-x I have a feeling destroys the xfx config in CF
  7. I wish, though, I only have Asrock Extreme4 z77. :p
    bigshootr8 said:
    Yea haha! In most cases that is the case if you have a extended mobo though you could get a super large bridge and it would be better airflow wise but yes the vapor-x I have a feeling destroys the xfx config in CF
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product