Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Most Exotic LD Players you have owned?

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
Share
September 19, 2005 8:22:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

Hello Members, lets find out from each other who has owned a rare or
Exotic(High end, Hard to find) laserdisc player.

"I have a Faroudja Ld1000 since October 2004 based on the Pioneer
Elite- Cld-99 with exotic audio outputs, very few made 1998-1999."

Thanks members

Duane

More about : exotic players owned

Anonymous
September 19, 2005 8:40:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

HLD-X0, HLD-X9, LD-S9 and CLD-R7G out of the game?

Rgds,
Julien
--
http://LDDb.com/ - LaserDisc Database
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 8:44:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

On a more serious level, all LD Players owner here still owning the
original user/technical manuel: could you send me by Email (no need to
pollute the newsgroup with that) the specs of your player to build up
the "Player" side of LDDb?

My USA section is rather poor...

http://LDDb.com/list.php?type=player&list=usa

Replay capability and connections as well as...

Laser Wavelength ??? nm
Power Requirements AC ??? V, ??? Hz
Power Consumption ??? W
Weight ??? Kg
Dimensions ??? (W) x ??? (D) x ??? (H) mm
Characteristics
Format NTSC
Frequency Response ??? Hz - ??? kHz
SN Ratio ??? dB (EIAJ)
Dynamic Range ??? dB (EIAJ)
Total Distorsion ??? % (EIAJ)

Thanks in advance!

Rgds,
Julien
Related resources
September 19, 2005 11:44:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

Hello, those players are Common depending I guess where you are located
and if you have the money to spend on one. They are consider High End
Players by Pioneer.

Thanks for listing your players if you want tell more about the CLD-R7G
Player as not a lot of members have heard to much on that one.

thanks

Duane
September 22, 2005 8:13:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

Grasshopper skrev:

> Hello Members, lets find out from each other who has owned a rare or
> Exotic(High end, Hard to find) laserdisc player.
>
> "I have a Faroudja Ld1000 since October 2004 based on the Pioneer
> Elite- Cld-99 with exotic audio outputs, very few made 1998-1999."
>
> Thanks members
>
> Duane


Well, I own now one Pioneer CLD-315 (low-level PAL/NTSC), one Pioneer
R7G, Two (yes!) Pioneer HLD-X9 and one (but soon two) Pioneer HLD-X0. I
would gues I have one of the worlds best laserdisc player set-ups :D 

/Mattias
September 22, 2005 8:59:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

How does the R7G cmpare with the x9 and x-0?

thanks for posting your players

Duane
nin wrote:
> Grasshopper skrev:
>
> > Hello Members, lets find out from each other who has owned a rare or
> > Exotic(High end, Hard to find) laserdisc player.
> >
> > "I have a Faroudja Ld1000 since October 2004 based on the Pioneer
> > Elite- Cld-99 with exotic audio outputs, very few made 1998-1999."
> >
> > Thanks members
> >
> > Duane
>
>
> Well, I own now one Pioneer CLD-315 (low-level PAL/NTSC), one Pioneer
> R7G, Two (yes!) Pioneer HLD-X9 and one (but soon two) Pioneer HLD-X0. I
> would gues I have one of the worlds best laserdisc player set-ups :D 
>
> /Mattias
Anonymous
September 23, 2005 4:32:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

On 22 Sep 2005 16:13:50 -0700, "nin" <nin@beta.telenordia.se> wrote:


>
>Well, I own now one Pioneer CLD-315 (low-level PAL/NTSC), one Pioneer
>R7G, Two (yes!) Pioneer HLD-X9 and one (but soon two) Pioneer HLD-X0. I
>would gues I have one of the worlds best laserdisc player set-ups :D 
>
>/Mattias

Seems so, what are you playing on them?
I have a decent amount of asian films not available on dvd
Anonymous
September 24, 2005 10:08:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

At that very moment, Julien Wilk turned to alt.video.laserdisc and said
> On a more serious level, all LD Players owner here still owning the
> original user/technical manuel: could you send me by Email (no need to
> pollute the newsgroup with that) the specs of your player to build up
> the "Player" side of LDDb?
>
> My USA section is rather poor...
>
> http://LDDb.com/list.php?type=player&list=usa
>

How does this relate to laserdiscarchive.co.uk?
--
aaronl at consultant dot com
For every expert, there is an equal and
opposite expert. - Arthur C. Clarke
July 15, 2008 7:05:03 AM

Back in 1994 or so I bought the Pioneer Laseractive CLD-100 for $1000 along with the Sega PAC (PAC-S10/PAC-S1) for an additional $600. Ahh, talk about blowing credit cards and student loans back in the day. LOL!
September 30, 2008 4:52:33 PM

New member. I bought this one off of eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=250297480391

It's a Pioneer CLD-V2800. It was designed for schools and has an interface connector and supports a Barcode reader. I believe this is a rarity as only schools had it. Schools are starting to sell them off now. It works like a dream however.

BTW, corydzbinski I noticed that you said that you had a LaserActive. Don't know where you live, but Digital Press here in Clifton, NJ has several sealed LD games for that unit including Pyramid Patrol.
October 8, 2008 6:12:56 AM

Hey JohnnyBlaze. I'm in the San Diego, CA area. I actually have Pyramid patrol and most of the other games that were made for it. It's always fun to find somewhere selling new/old titles though!
June 6, 2009 12:21:18 AM

I recently aquired a Pioneer LD-W1 player from craigslist which is rare because it is the only Laserdisc player built with Dual trays. So it is nice when you have a two disc or more movie. (i.e. Cav discs etc)
!