SmoothLemon

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Hello!

I have been googel-ing for about 2 months now and still have the same problem.

My Computer shuts down while playing Skyrim / Dota 2, but not while playing CSS:GO at least not as often.
When it does shut down, power goes off an the screen says Entering sleep mode, then it restarts.

The operating system started at system time ‎2013‎-‎01‎-‎03T21:14:17.484375000Z.
File System Filter 'FileInfo' (6.1, ‎2009‎-‎07‎-‎14T00:21:51.000000000Z) has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager.
The previous system shutdown at 10:13:19 PM on ‎1/‎3/‎2013 was unexpected.
Microsoft (R) Windows (R) 6.01. 7601 Service Pack 1 Multiprocessor Free.
The Event log service was started.
The system uptime is 9 seconds.
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Processor 0 in group 0 exposes the following:

1 idle state(s)
5 performance state(s)
8 throttle state(s)
Processor 1 in group 0 exposes the following:

1 idle state(s)
5 performance state(s)
8 throttle state(s)

and on to its 7036 ID routine...

I also put the graphics card on a Build in stress test by FurMark, which i didn't leave to finish, because the temp was starting to approach 100° heat (GPU-Z sensor log), and when the game crashes my heat levels for GPU were around 60° (EVGA Precision) with all settings on low and windowed mode with processor heat levels same around 60°-70° (Core Temp)

All comments are welcome and additional info can be given!

It coupld be a power supply problem since your temps seem ok. what make/model/wattage psu do you have? and what are gpu and cpu do you have? If you have a no-name psu then i would point my finger straight at that.

SmoothLemon

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
PSU: ATX Power Supply LC-Power 550W SATA

SmoothLemon

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
I think i could change the PSU and check what happens... Any suggestions which one I should get? What manufacturer...

I would also add do that i removed the sides of computer a month ago and took out loads of dust GPU was massively stuffed it was a mess... Could more stuff go in and be a problem? I did try to get the GPU open but failed to find such a small screwdriver... Should I consider opening it and cleaning it with a compressor?