Sign in with
Your question

Resolution for a 32 inch tv screen as a pc monitor

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 4, 2013 12:39:58 AM

I bought a 32 inch toshiba LED HDTV as a PC MOnitor and a HP computer and I am running them together. BUt the screen resolution is very bad, like the words and pictures are blurry, how can i fix this? Is a stronger video card the soution?
a c 358 U Graphics card
a c 195 C Monitor
January 4, 2013 3:04:16 AM

A 32" HDTV can be either 720p or 1080p resolution. It depends on how "cheap" the model is. You need to set the desktop to the HDTV's maximum (native) resolution.

Text tends to look not as sharp on a HDTV compared to a LCD monitor. You do not need a "stronger" video card to make text look sharper. Text would look the same whether you have a Radeon HD 5450 or a GTX 690.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
January 4, 2013 3:14:26 AM

skyline2162 said:
I bought a 32 inch toshiba LED HDTV as a PC MOnitor and a HP computer and I am running them together. BUt the screen resolution is very bad, like the words and pictures are blurry, how can i fix this? Is a stronger video card the soution?

Ive ran a pc on a hdtv and it didnt look all that good honestly i would us a pc monitor any day...As people said the resolution txt pictures dont look right and if you game it most def wouldnt look right honestly
m
l
a c 216 U Graphics card
a c 128 C Monitor
January 4, 2013 3:20:16 AM

You may also want to make sure there is no over or under scanning, which will cause some blurriness.
m
l
!