Random System Crash question.

DuBZzz00

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
I have a newer build (april 12.) I have been experiencing random crashes about 5 total with the first taking place 30 days out of the box and most recent about 2 weeks ago. I have a Intel i7 3930k, Asrock x79 extreme 9, 8gb ddr3 k2 1600khz,Radeon 6870 HD 2GB,HDD 500GB 7200 Sata3,Colormaster CPU Fan (not sure of model name),Windows 7 Premium Edition, all in a Antec 600 case.

When the system crashes it happens at total random times (once I recall it happened between songs on a playlist on youtube.com) Other times it has been completly random, nothing relavent I can recall going on. When it crashes The speakers are stuck playing a sound that reminds me of the noise a old VHS player would make when you pressed "pause" in the middle of atching a movie, The cursor will be stuck where its and and will not move, and when i press ALT+CRTL+Delete Nothing happens no task manger menu nothing. Normaly I have to force it to shut down by holding the power buton for 5-10 second until system shuts down. Restart and everything is fine as if nothing ever happened.

I have added another 8GB to the 8GB of DDR3 Ram the system came with but the 8GB I added is 1333Kh and the 8GB the sytem came with is 1600KHz. The 16GB of ram is a total of 6 memory sticks 4 of which are 2GB(1333KHz) sticks and the oher 2 are ate 4GB (1600KHz) sticks. Now I was told this wouldnt been a problem as the 1600 will run at 1333 which would make it work fine together. And the 1st Crash I've ha was prior to the extra 4GB of Ram being added. My Mobo can handle up to 64GB of Ram in 8 different slots so I still have 2 open slots and I made sure I used the correct slots first as recomended by Asrock.

Anyone have any Ideas as I believe it is a piece of Hardware maybe defective or loose connection (I have checked for loose connects of all the connections im familiar with.) If I had to single it out to a certain piece what would you assume it to be?? any ideas or toubleshoots are welcome and thanks for your time. hanks again - DuBz

DuBZzz00

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
Also I have a JUNK keyboard with multiple missing keys if you wondering whats with the crappy spelling and missing letters for anyone looking for a easy grammar Trolling of a newbie LMAO!!