Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Problem with CPU overheating!

Last response: in Systems
February 21, 2013 3:52:06 AM

I started to update my computer few months ago , and yesterday i got a new motherboard and cpu for my computer , the problem is that now , that when i try to play battleflield 3 for example i get a alert that my cpu is running at 65c!!!!

This is my new motherboard and cpu..

CPU
AMD FX 8350

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

MOTHERBOARD

SAbertooth pp0fx r2.0

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

Im still using my old ram.

8gm DDR3 1333

power supply

750 wats

Video graphics ******UPGRADED LAST MONTH ******

XFX Double D FX-785A-CDFC Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Please I need help, i need to find out the reason why my computer is getting overheated. this never happened to me with my old cpu and i was able to play battlefield 3 with no problem. if you are asking why i upgraded if before i had no problems, is because i record and livestream using a problem called xsplit and with my old cpu the game was very laggy. i got this new cpu and motherboard to be able to do multiple things at the same time.

Can anyone help me with a solution???
February 21, 2013 4:15:55 AM

What is your PSU? Is your CPU Fan Plugged in/working? Is there adequate ventilation? Did you apply thermal paste?
Score
February 21, 2013 4:58:35 AM

My CPU came with a heatsink and it already had thermal paste on the heatsink , so I didn't add any more.... Also my computer case has 2 fans ... No liquid cooling , just regular fans!! Should I add liquid cooling and more ventilation? Could that be the problem??
Score
Related resources
a c 136 B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
a c 87 V Motherboard
February 21, 2013 4:59:17 AM

what is your case?

have you overclocked your processor?
Score
February 22, 2013 6:43:14 AM

My Case is a "Cougar Solutions" and no, my cpu is not overclocked , is running with the default settings. I really need to find a solutions , everytime i run battlefield 3 my cpu goes to 65c to 69c!
Score

Best solution

a c 136 B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
a c 87 V Motherboard
February 22, 2013 6:54:20 AM

60 C is not too hot for a processor , so your temps are only a little high

Check in BIOS that you have the cpu fan set to auto

But the main issue from reading reviews of your case is that it only includes one fan to remove hot air . Add a pair of 120 mm fans to the top and have them blowing out
http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/cougar_solution...
March 7, 2013 4:38:37 AM

Best answer selected by stalkingdatoast.
Score
March 7, 2013 4:40:15 AM

Thanks for all the help. i added couple of fans like Outlander_04 sugested and also switch my cpu regular fan for liquid coling and now my computer while playing battlefield 3 on ultra, livesteaming with xsplit , it runs between 46 and 49c max!!!
Score
!