Sign in with
Your question

XBox 360 Not connecting to wifi

Last response: in Wireless Networking
February 4, 2012 3:22:06 PM

My son has just got a new tv for his room so moved the XBox 360 upstairs. It would connect to the wifi no problem before but now it won't. My daughter is able to use her laptop upstairs via wifi no problem. We are a bit rubbish when it comes to technology so can't understand this. When we go through to the network settings it just says we need an adaptor fitted to the console. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks (oh and if you do have ideas - please try and explain it so I can understand!!!)
February 5, 2012 1:03:14 AM

I have had this before. I unplugged the wireless adapter from the back of the xbox's usb port and used the front one instead (where you would normally plug in the controller). Try this and see if it works.
February 5, 2012 12:05:56 PM

We don't have an adapter- it must have used its internal wifi before. But it's still the same distance from the wifi hub as it was before. This is what I can't understand - then everyone keeps mentioning an adapter!! Very confused. I don't want to spend money on an adapter if that then doesn't work. Thanks for your reply by the way.
!