Please help, I am being driven into insanity

CrotchApples

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
Hello, I have a system that I have built myself, it will be 2 years old in March. I have had a recurring problem during that time but it was so infrequent, now it happens about 6-24 times an hour. The system will stutter and whatever is going on (music/game/movie) will stutter with it. It will make a sound like DRDRDRHDDRDRHDRHDRHDRHDRH in about a tenth of a second paause. That misspelling of "pause" occurred because it happened while I was typing this. I will gladly replace any part of the computer that will make it stop. Here are my specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-760 Lynnfield 2.8GHz
Video: ASUS ENGTS450 1GB 128-bit DDR5
Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series16GB
Crucial RealSSD C300 64GB with windows 7 64-bit home, 2 additional Seagate 1 TB hard drives.

BuddiLuva

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2012
I have had this issue once with my PC, after i did a clean install of windows. It would do all the stuttering and slowing down, then all exe programs would crash and wouldn't open until I rebooted. I couldn't figure out what the issue was.

So i clean installed Windows again, made sure all updates were applied before i added any drivers, installed all drivers and programs afterwars and it's now working fine.

aramisathei

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
Can you upload a youtube video of the issue you're describing?

Without being able to see it, the problem sounds like maybe one of your hard drives is having an issue reading data (but that's just a wild guess).

I'd just running the system in safe mode, and also running it only with the SSD and see if either of those alleviates your issue.