Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • GPUs
  • FPS
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
January 4, 2013 7:59:38 AM

Right , so I used to have a 5450 which came pre-installed when I got this baby

I bought a 4850 from Ebuyer and installed it in, worked a charm.

But there's a small problem..
I used to use fraps on the 5450 and record, there used to be NO fps drop or anything like that, it used to just record, and there would be no chopiness..

However now when I play its all good until I hit the record button, the fps remains fairly average, around 40-50-60 ish, sometimes higher.. but the gameplay is REALLY choppy, making it unplayable..
What am I doing wrong here .. The 5450 is 10x worse than the 4850 or even more.
the only thing I can think off its something to do with direct x.. As the 4850 goes up to 10.1 only, and 5450 to 11

If ya can help, would be nice :) 

More about : gpu

a c 327 U Graphics card
January 4, 2013 8:30:49 AM

most pre built system use there own drivers for video cards and hardware. try using in safe mode an ati drive sweeper and then install the newest ati drivers. also make sure you download the newest direct-x from Microsoft.
a b U Graphics card
January 4, 2013 8:40:57 AM

Also, the fact that the 4850 does not have DirectX 11 support means that you'll probably have much higher frames than with the 5450. DirectX 11 can have a pretty significant performance hit in some games.
January 4, 2013 8:45:34 AM

rene13cross said:
Also, the fact that the 4850 does not have DirectX 11 support means that you'll probably have much higher frames than with the 5450. DirectX 11 can have a pretty significant performance hit in some games.

i have higher frames with the 4850, but nonetheless i was thinking, that black ops 2 directly used DX11 , and my GPU only supports 10.1X or something.. haha, so It may be something to do with that :p .
Thanks for the post, if anyone has any more theories, i'd be willing to try them.