Card isn't being recognised...

Cammokyle

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Right, I purchased this computer http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007P2F2XG/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00 and it arrived yesterday. Since it came with no OS, I installed Windows Vista Home Premium. Then I used the driver disc installation for the drivers for the graphics card. After everything was done it told me to reboot, I did. My monitor was plugged into the on board graphics slot throughout, my friend told me I needed to change my cable into the graphics card slot nearer the bottom of the computer, after I did that the monitor wouldn't come on whatsoever, but the computer was on with fans whirring all of that jazz. It was just staying in a sort of stand by mode with an orange light and wouldn't turn on. I tried putting the cable back into the on board graphics slot and everything came on straightaway and I logged on. When I go into Device Manager > Display Adapters, the only thing there is Standard VGA Graphics. The graphics card that is meant to be installed is ATI Radeon HD 6670. So why is it not there? Me and a friend (who's supposed to be good with computers) were trying to fix it all of yesterday to no avail, and its really starting to irritate me. Please, if anyone can help. it would me much appreciated. Also, if you would be so kind, use lamens terms please as I know pretty much nothing about computers at all, so wont understand >.<

Cammokyle

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013

And how do I go about doing that?