Quadro and Gtx

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Gtx
  • Rendering
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
January 4, 2013 12:46:01 PM

I do quite a bit of 3d rendering in my line of work (architect), so i'm building a computer for such tasks. I also enjoy playing game, so from a previous build i have an unused gtx 560, its not really good at hardcore rendering but tears up any game i throw it. So regarding my working pc, i figured i need to buy a mid range quadro.

is there any way i can install both gpus on one motherboard but switch between them depending on what i'm doing?

thanks in advance

More about : quadro gtx

a b U Graphics card
January 4, 2013 1:14:54 PM

id say there is. i cant exactly think how you would only using one monitor. but dual monitors you could by just using the monitor you have connected to each card
m
l
a c 249 U Graphics card
January 4, 2013 1:24:28 PM

honestly i don't know how that going to work out. even if the mobo has two PCI-E slots for graphic the system will always prioritize the card in the primary slot. normally the card on the second slot will only able to provide additional monitor output. the story is different if it is about SLI or using the second card as a dedicated physx card
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 4, 2013 2:00:39 PM

well you cannot switch cards the way you want to...but you can surely use both cards at the same time.you can use the gtx card as the primary gpu and use the quadro as the phys x card for rendering.

you cannot use sli,mind you
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 4, 2013 2:01:11 PM

well you cannot switch cards the way you want to...but you can surely use both cards at the same time.you can use the gtx card as the primary gpu and use the quadro as the phys x card for rendering.

you cannot use sli so keep that in mind too
m
l
January 7, 2013 1:57:33 PM

siddharthmukul007 said:

you cannot use sli so keep that in mind too

I know sli is not pOssible. But regarding you idea, is the performance on both tasks any different as compared to using indivIdual cards for their respective tasks?
m
l
January 7, 2013 2:22:26 PM

I'm no expert on the matter but my personal experience says "Outlook not good".
m
l