I'm so confused and overwhelmed. Please help!

halueryphi

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
Ok, so I finally got all my computer parts and I have so many issues with it and I'm freaking out. My motherboard doesn't really "Fit" into the holes for the screws on the case so If i do screw it in, I can only get a couple of them in. My liquid cpu cooler isn't turning on when I turn my computer on. When I plug my computer into a tv/monitor through hdmi or vga (Tried hdmi in graphics card as well) it says no signal. What part is broken and what do I do? Please help :(

drg889

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
Just got to stay calm and take your time, getting nervous is just going to make you forget to plug in something or insert it the correct way.

Sometimes (at least in my experience), the motherboard won't fit exactly into the standoffs in the case, but make sure the I/O shield is placed correctly and try to adjust the mobo until it actually "goes in" and is flush with the case/shield, the standoffs should lineup better.

What cooler are you using? Make sure the pump for it is plugged into 3/4 pin on the motherboard and have it running full power (unless it is stated otherwise).

Double check to make sure everything is plugged in that needs to be and nice and snug so nothing is loose. Does the fan on your GPU spin? or does it not turn on at all?

halueryphi

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
Sorry, I have
ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77
EVGA Superclocked, Signature 2 02G-P4-2687-KR GeForce GTX 680 2GB
SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD512BW 2.5" MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (DOA)
CORSAIR HX Series HX850 850W Power Supply
COOLER MASTER Elite 431 Plus RC-431P-KWN2 Black Computer Case With Side Panel Window
ntel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 Quad-Core Desktop Processor
G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
CORSAIR Hydro Series H100 (CWCH100) Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

And to answer your queston drg, yes the fans are spinning. And as far as I can tell, everything seems to be plugged in correctly. And also, when I start it up, this "MemOK" light flashes up and it's red.

halueryphi

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
Nvm, figured out that it was the motherboard. The power supply would start up but then stop when I manually turn it on (Putting piece of metal in between) But since the VGA doesn't work as well, I'm assuming it's the mobo.