Sign in with
Your question

AMD OEM HD 7870 or VTX3D HD 7870 GHz Edition

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 4, 2013 1:16:33 PM

I bought from Pixmania an AMD OEM HD 7870 but instead they shipped me a VTX3D GHz Edition. I'd like to know if it's worth keeping the VTX3D or asking them to replace it.
January 4, 2013 1:22:29 PM

I trust VTX completely.. they madde my 6970...
a c 90 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
January 4, 2013 1:33:22 PM

amd oem has terrible fan design :)  get radeon from other brand :) 
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b À AMD
January 4, 2013 1:39:53 PM

you should in fact thank your fate that you did not get the oem edition.
keep the vtx...don't even think of a replacement.
January 4, 2013 1:41:15 PM

Oh... but I lose the warranty...
a c 90 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
January 4, 2013 1:46:00 PM

keep the vtx :)  you are lucky
January 4, 2013 2:59:43 PM

Ok so I called Pixmania to ask them to give me back the money (most of all because I had paid for a special warranty they have there and if I keep the VTX I lose it) but they can't, they'll only change the product and it's going to take a loooooooooong time. F*cking pr*cks, last time I buy there. I'm looking to see if I can change the warranty from the AMD to the VTX...

Anyway, on another page (a really trustworthy one) I saw a Sapphire HD 7870 GHz Edition with 2 fans on sale for 199 euro. My brother has had bad experiences with this brand, but that was some time ago. What are your opinions??

P.S. There is algo a GIGABYTE HD 7870 OC with 3 fans (!!!) for 236 euro.
a b U Graphics card
a b À AMD
January 4, 2013 4:50:01 PM

don't get the gigabyte...its expensive and loud.
get the sapphire or the xfx
January 4, 2013 5:55:49 PM

Well I had read some awesome reviews about the GIGABYTE version. Sapphire is everywhere but there's all tipes of opinions. I'd buy an XFX but I don't know of any trustworthy site that has them or ships here (I live in Spain).

BTW I just looked at Pixmania's catalog and the graphic card they sent me isn't even on there. They have the X-Edition and the Black Edition but not the GHz Edition. Seriously... WTF?!
April 21, 2013 6:23:03 PM

MaRz_95 said:
I bought from Pixmania an AMD OEM HD 7870 but instead they shipped me a VTX3D GHz Edition. I'd like to know if it's worth keeping the VTX3D or asking them to replace it.

I did the same thing but I bought 2 for crossfire....
Firstly...don't bother getting two as they don't even supply a crossfire bridge...
Secondly I just finished my new PC build last night and installed the OS today...card 1 died after 3 hours...(before i could play anything...)
Thirdly, I swapped around the cards and had an amazing first game of COD Black Ops 2 on full whack...then on the second and third game the card just locked up...I'll be sending both back and asking for my money back tomorrow.

The brand is just too new and I don't trust anyone who hasn't got a good reputation for making Graphics Cards...

!