guywitheglasses

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
Hello all at Toms Hardware. :D
I have been searching all day ever since yesterday for a solution to this. I am building a Gaming Computer and want to get Windows 8 while it is on sale for $40. So I did a clean install of Windows XP so I can upgrade to 8, but Video is in VGA Mode @ 640x480. So I put in the disc for my graphics card and everything supposedly installs, but at the end I get a warning saying 'Graphics Driver Installation Failed - Access Denied'. :whistle:
I have gone into regedt32, HKEY, set permission, checked everything, made new user accounts, all that. Nothing seems to work. :sleep:
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

My Specs
Windows XP Professional 32bit SP3
Msi Radeon HD6450
4GB G-SKIL Valu Ram
40GB Hitachi IDE HDD
AMD Athlon II X4 640 @3.0GHz

Wolfshadw

Titan
The driver you're going to need for Windows 8 is going to be different than the driver needed for XP. I don't see any reason to attempt to install the XP driver if it's giving you issues. Move onto your Windows 8 install and update with the Windows 8 driver available from AMD.com.

-Wolf sends

guywitheglasses

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012

I'm unable to Install Windows 8 because the screen resolution is incorrect and I am unable to see the Windows 8.
If I were to install Windows 8 on another computer and then make a disc and insert it into this one, would I be able to install Windows 8 booting from the disc with a res. higher than 640x480?