Looking to build budget gaming PC Please help me!!

Please Read and help me need advice from people who are knowledgeable in this area :)

Approximate Purchase Date: Next few weeks.

Budget Range: Roughly £300.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, specifically MMORPG's such as TERA.

Parts Not Required: N/A.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Anywhere that postage will be cheap to the U.K.

Country: England (Cornwall).

Parts Preferences: Whatever you think is best.

Overclocking: No.

SLI or Crossfire: Whatever you think is best.

Monitor Resolution 1280x1024.

Additional Comments:
Have basic knowledge of PC's and the various components, just looking for some advice to build a gaming desktop P.C to run certain MMORPG games like TERA for example, my budget is about £300 just looking for people's advice any suggestions or builds would be a great help to me, and I would be very grateful thankyou. :)
6 answers Last reply
More about looking build budget gaming
  1. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD A8-5600K 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor (£77.10 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: ASRock FM2A75M-DGS Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard (£50.58 @ Amazon UK)
    Memory: Kingston 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£25.75 @ Dabs)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£39.85 @ CCL Computers)
    Case: Silverstone SST-SG02B-F-USB3.0 (Black) MicroATX Desktop Case (£58.76 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 450W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£34.99 @ Aria PC)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer (£12.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Total: £300.01
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-21 22:31 GMT+0000)
  2. drunkducki said:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD A8-5600K 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor (£77.10 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: ASRock FM2A75M-DGS Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard (£50.58 @ Amazon UK)
    Memory: Kingston 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£25.75 @ Dabs)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£39.85 @ CCL Computers)
    Case: Silverstone SST-SG02B-F-USB3.0 (Black) MicroATX Desktop Case (£58.76 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 450W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£34.99 @ Aria PC)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer (£12.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Total: £300.01
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-21 22:31 GMT+0000)


    Hey, thanks so much for your reply looks really nice! However just one question wouldn't I need a graphics card? And at what specs do you think I could play games like Tera at?
  3. ^ love this build

    The cpu has integrated graphics card. In your budget it would be difficult to build pc with discrete videocard.
    Not sure about TERA but you can read this article to see whats the performance is in other games. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/a10-5800k-a8-5600k-a6-5400k,3224.html
    Also, you can add videocard later.
  4. butremor said:
    ^ love this build

    The cpu has integrated graphics card. In your budget it would be difficult to build pc with discrete videocard.
    Not sure about TERA but you can read this article to see whats the performance is in other games. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/a10-5800k-a8-5600k-a6-5400k,3224.html
    Also, you can add videocard later.


    Ahh yes I see that know, and here are the system requirements for TERA (below), could you please have a look for me and tell me if the computer would meet the recommended requirements, sorry for all the questions.


    https://tera-support.enmasse.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/175/~/can-i-run-tera%3F---system-requirements
  5. unfortunately no. A8 is just a bit exceeding minimal req.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html
    that videocard chart. press ctrl + f and search 7600, and will see that A8 intergrated is just two steps higher than minimally requred 7600 gt. ( Integrated: HD 7560D)
  6. butremor said:
    unfortunately no. A8 is just a bit exceeding minimal req.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html
    that videocard chart. press ctrl + f and search 7600, and will see that A8 intergrated is just two steps higher than minimally requred 7600 gt. ( Integrated: HD 7560D)


    If I had a slightly bigger budget like "roughly" £350 could be slightly more, what graphics card would you recommend getting? Please any help would be grateful.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Systems