E6750 dual core overclocking?

seumas_beathan

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
Hey guys, i have been a long time reader and any time i search up a question i always end up getting the answer from this site.

But i couldnt seem to find a answer to this question so i diceded it was time to sign up :)

I have really only just started getting into computers and due to being young i do not have much money.

I have just recently upgraded from a Pentium D to a Dual Core E6750, I did fine overclocking the Pent d and managed to get it from its stock 2.8 ghz to 4 ghz with only a heatsink.

I was looking forward to overclocking this one and i had read some reviews saying it could be oc'd to 3.8 ghz if done right but so far i have only been able to get it up from the stock of 2.66 ghz to 3.2, I read numerous posts saying that it could be put up to 3.5 with no voltage changes but if i put it even to 3.4 ghz the computer gets stuck at loading screen and i have to reset the cmos.

Any help with this would be much appreciated, Cheers in advance guys :)

scottiemedic

Distinguished
Are you using a stock HSF on the C2D? I had a Q8200 C2Q and stock I couldn't get jack out of it (they suck for OCing anyway) but when I got my H50, I ran it up to 3.4 and stable at 3.1.
Just cause someone else did it doesn't mean you can the same way. You might have a different case, fan setup, positive pressure, negative pressure etc etc or more importantly a different stepping code which can make a world of difference.
Every CPU OCs differently, you just have to do some experimenting, little by little, FSB, voltage, etc til you get yours stable at the highest speed. Good luck.

TRENDING THREADS