Sign in with
Your question

Computer Monitor Displays "No Input"

Last response: in Systems
February 21, 2013 8:24:29 PM

When I start my computer everything lights up and all the fans start, but my monitor shows "no signal". It's on a black screen instead of a blue one like it would be if it wasn't receiving anything at all and it flashes on and off like it's trying to connect to a picture.

It worked fine for about a year and a half. Nothing changed that I know of before this started happening. Definitely no hardware change and I don't think I changed/updated/installed any software.

Here's what's inside:
- CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black edition thuban 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz turbo socket AM3 125W six core
- Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6/Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD
- RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4BG) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM
- Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 550Ti 1GB
- Power Supply: RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-630SS 630W
- Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda XT ST32000641AS 2 TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0gb/s 3.5" internal hard drive
- SSD: OCZ Vertex Series OCZSSD2-1VTX30GXXX 2.5" 30GB SATA II MLC
- Case: Antec Lanboy Air
- Rosewill RNX-N250PC IEEE 802.11b/g, IEEE 802.11n Draft PCI Draft N 2T2R Wireless Adapter
- Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner

So far here's what I have tried:

1. Everything listed on Shortstuff's troubleshooting thread

2. Replaced my graphics card (under warranty and EVGA's tech support told me it might be the problem)

3. Unplugged and re-plugged EVERYTHING and made sure no pins were broken/bent and no wires were frayed

4. Tried a different monitor

5. Tried a different HDMI cord

6. Tried a different DVI to HDMI adapter

Other things you may want to know:

- None of the USB ports seem to be working... At least my keyboard doesn't work when it's plugged in.

- I've tried just about everything I can think of to fix this issue (short of replacing the CPU, PSU andor motherboard) and I've read through every similar thread I can find.

- There is no smell, so nothing is on fire

- The fans on the case, the power supply, the video card and the CPU all run fine when it's on

- It runs on Windows 7 64 bit

- By "computer monitor" I actually mean a 40" TV...

If anyone has a way I can test what exactly the problem is I'd really appreciate it. Even if it's just to tell me I'm SOL and need to return things piece by piece. I'd really appreciate you input. Thanks! <3
October 17, 2013 7:42:10 AM

Hi Impalu,

Same case is here with me, while starting CPU starts, fan-led running fine but monitor didn't shows up like no video input.

i tried eveythng , updated bios, cleared cmos, reseated RAM,GPU.

I brought my PC on SEP 30. Still no solution.
!