HELP HELP HELP ! PLEASE READ!

Guys ok, The EVGA GTX 660, 28nm, Says this next to it ---> PCIe 3.0 (x16) <---- Will my gigabyte ga z77x up5th support two of these at x16 speed...

MY MOBO -------->http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4279
13 answers Last reply
More about help help read
  1. As far as I am aware, no motherboard can do SLI or Crossfire with BOTH cards running at x16. The highest is 16x for slot 1 and then 8x for slot two.

1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
    * For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.

1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8)
    * The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16 slot. When the PCIEX8 slot is populated, the PCIEX16 slot will operate at up to x8 mode.
  2. I LOVE YU MAN ! No homo , thought I brought the Erin motherboard lol :D
  3. It will operate at 8x 8x dual mode, but you won't see any performance loss vs 16x 16x with that card.

http://tpucdn.com/reviews/Intel/Ivy_Bridge_PCI-Express_Scaling/images/perfrel_1920.gif
  4. Sorry I dot understand the end part ? About the x16
  5. Running at 16x dual mode vs 8x dual mode, there's no performance loss with that card in dual mode(SLI).
  6. Anonymous said:
    As far as I am aware, no motherboard can do SLI or Crossfire with BOTH cards running at x16. The highest is 16x for slot 1 and then 8x for slot two.

1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
    * For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.

1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8)
    * The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16 slot. When the PCIEX8 slot is populated, the PCIEX16 slot will operate at up to x8 mode.

There's a lot of boards that can do 2 cards at x16/x16, there aren't a lot of boards that can do 3 or 4 cards at x16/x16/x16/x16, but for 2 cards there's a lot.

Maximus V Extreme
    Rampage IV Extreme
    G1.Sniper
    ASRock Extreme9
    X79 Champion

There's even one that can do 4 at x16, the ASRock X79 Extreme11.
  7. your mainboard will support 2 way sli in x8 mode...but you don't need to worry atall...you will face no bottleneck from that part.

only those mainboard fitted with a Marvell chip or something around those lines that allows active switching of pci e lanes can achieve x16 bandwidth on both cards

asus rog mainboards have those chips
  8. Oh ok ;) guys guess what ... I haven't got that mobo yet , in offering tonight ..? Is the gigabyte up5 th , the best z77 mobo ? I don't like the others... Give me you're adive ...? You guys are just much more cleaver at this
  9. oh yours is a great mainboard...don't be scared.
    dual thunderbolt,great audio,wireless connectivity etc.
  10. edit: sorry about that Marvell chip thing...i ment to say the PLX chip.
  11. Thanks ill buy ASAP !!
  12. And what does the to mean on like the gtx 690 ? Is it good or bad ?
  13. what does the which "to"?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gigabyte Graphics