Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Gtx
  • Cooling
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 4, 2013 5:13:22 PM

Alright so I am ordering a GTX 670 ASAP (Tonight/Tomorrow Morning) and the only questions I have are:

Which one seems to be the best choice?

1) MSI GTX 670 Power Edition OC - Pro's: MSI Afterburner, High OC out of the box, twin frozr IV, Great Cooling - $389.99 + $4.99 shipping. Total: $395

2) GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 670 Windforce 3x OC - Pro's: Tom's Hardware Choice, Newegg Desktop Graphics winner 3x, Probably the best cooling of any GTX 670. $399 - Free Shipping and a $20 MIR. Total: $399

3) EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG2 - Pro's: Precision X is ok, very good warranty, clock speeds are high, better cooling than original FTW. $419.99 + 4.99 shipping and $20 MIR. Total: $425

I have been looking at the MSI alot, but want to see who actually HAS these cards and compare which one would be the best to go with.

What I am going for is great cooling, great performance out of the box, and reliability.

More about : important gtx 670 question

January 4, 2013 5:22:22 PM

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 670 Windforce 3x OC

Best cooling!!!! (noise vs lower temps!) Go for this card!
m
l
January 4, 2013 6:51:55 PM

I would also go with the Gigabyte card, since it also has the rebate, making it the cheapest of the three, as well as the best cooling. The other two options are very good as well.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 4, 2013 7:22:10 PM

If I had it to do over, I'd get the windforce. Reference cooler is teh sux.
m
l
a c 135 U Graphics card
January 4, 2013 7:22:47 PM

Big who is a pretty frequent poster on the forums has 2 670 power editions in Sli. Precision is a okay utility but nothing you can't already accomplish with something like MSI afterburner which is usable on any card. If I were you I would also look at the ASUS cards they are dead silent and have amazing cooling as well. The MSI cards aren't bad I had a 660Ti powered edition before returning to buy the Gigabyte card. This article is what scared me after just recently purchasing a MSI powered edition and get another card. Since then they've shown they test there cards and aren't as negligent but the doubt makes it hard for me to recommend them. bigcyco1 like I said has 2 and he likes them.
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/MSI-GTX-660-670-overvo...

I have a Gigabyte 670OC with the windforce 3 and while I do like it I don't like how they handle things customer support wise. I called once to see what a RMA turn around would be and they said 4 weeks. Which is nuts.

EVGA: I like the card you have listed because it also exhausts air even with the two fans pushing air away which is an issue some face in a case with poor airflow. Also with them you get amazing customer support and warranty support. If you have no plans on overclocking want a decent card they may be a good way to go the cooler isn't load either.
The ASUS card I'd recommend.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

m
l
!