System Recomendations i5 3570k EVGA GTX 670

Hershez

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
Hey guys, I am planning on building my first pc :ange: and I am looking for some recommendations.

I have decided to go with the i5 3570k and EVGA 670 GTX. If you guys have any other CPU or GPU recommendations, go for it. The rest is undecided, I am looking to keep costs at around 1200-1500. I am also looking to overclock the CPU (not much) and GPU, so cooling options are recommended as well.

Thanks.

axleh93

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
For your budget range that is a very solid CPU/GPU combo that I vouch for. The 3570k overclocks like a bat out of hell so your in luck there, that said they do run hot so you will definitely need some aftermarket cooling.
I use a Corsair Hydro Series H80 closed loop liquid cooler for my cpu and it works a treat with temps kept low and the noise much the same. However a lot of people say the closed loops are overrated so you might prefer to go with one of the Noctua air coolers which get terrific results too!
As far as your GPU goes the 670s do a fair effort of keeping themselves in good temperature ranges so a mild overclock should be fine on your stock cooling.
Best of luck with the build buddy!

Hershez

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013

Is the corsair 650TX capable of powering everything + the overclocks?

Hershez

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013

Thanks, any recommendations on the motherboard?

axleh93

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
I agree with with the Asrock Extreme 4, I use one and it's been faultless. Comes with some pretty decent software and leaves you with the option to upgrade to dual sli in the future.
If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Hershez

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
So since this is my first build I was wondering, is building the actual machine a complex process or is it more or less like anything else that comes in a box.

axleh93

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
These days building a computer has become a fairly simple D.I.Y project. Your case should come with an instruction manual that will detail the installation procedure for at the very least the motherboard, and more than likely a fair chunk of the rest of the system.
It doesn't really get more complicated than screwing in screws and plugging in cables, unless you are doing a custom watercooling setup or modding your hardware.
The one thing you want to be paticularly careful of (as it will kill your hardware if you are very careless) is static electricity.
Read this article http://www.pcworld.com/article/82184/article.html and you should be fine in regards to static.
As far as actually building goes if you get stumped just go on youtube, there are a myriad of videos on there that can show you step by step how to build a pc.
Once again, feel free to ask a question if you need to.