Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

EMachnes W3644 GFX Upgrade?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 4, 2013 6:24:10 PM

Hey everyone, I have an eMachines W3644 with AMD Sempron 2.10GHz proccessor and nVidia GeForce 6100 nForce 405. I enjoy playing game such as GTA, Minecraft, and Street Legal Racing: Redline. My computer is able to run these games, but usally not very fast. I have saved about $80 - $90 for an upgrade to my little computer, but I have no iea what to get. I think that a new GFX Card will make the biggest difference, since my Minecraft never needs more RAM than I have alocated for it, but I wanted to get some inpt first. What upgrade will make the biggest effect on my games? I do NOT wat to go all out and build a gaming PC, since I hae almost no money, so don't throw that BS at me.

-Trevin K
a b U Graphics card
January 4, 2013 9:53:57 PM

Keep saving, you need a a new prcessor, motherboard, ram, gpu, and psu.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
January 4, 2013 10:05:19 PM

TrevinK said:
Hey everyone, I have an eMachines W3644 with AMD Sempron 2.10GHz proccessor and nVidia GeForce 6100 nForce 405. I enjoy playing game such as GTA, Minecraft, and Street Legal Racing: Redline. My computer is able to run these games, but usally not very fast. I have saved about $80 - $90 for an upgrade to my little computer, but I have no iea what to get. I think that a new GFX Card will make the biggest difference, since my Minecraft never needs more RAM than I have alocated for it, but I wanted to get some inpt first. What upgrade will make the biggest effect on my games? I do NOT wat to go all out and build a gaming PC, since I hae almost no money, so don't throw that BS at me.

-Trevin K


http://www.newegg.com/Special/ShellShocker.aspx?nm_mc=E...

Fanatastic deal just for today.

Keep in mind that after this upgrade, you REQUIRE a brand new computer as your computer will be bottlenecked by everything.
Score
0
Related resources
January 5, 2013 5:40:20 PM

Popatim, I have to say that that is the most annoying reply I have seen on ANY computer forum. I am simply lookng for a good upgrade, and you tell me to spend $700 building a whole new one when I CLEARLY said I have not much money, and I want to do the best with what I have. So stop acting like I'm rich.
I just want to be able to play games. Besides, it's not like i'm playing COD4... Also, why would I be interested in Adobe Lightroom?
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
January 5, 2013 5:48:47 PM

TrevinK said:
Popatim, I have to say that that is the most annoying reply I have seen on ANY computer forum. I am simply lookng for a good upgrade, and you tell me to spend $700 building a whole new one when I CLEARLY said I have not much money, and I want to do the best with what I have. So stop acting like I'm rich.
I just want to be able to play games. Besides, it's not like i'm playing COD4... Also, why would I be interested in Adobe Lightroom?


Doesn't take $700 to build a computer. You only need $400 as a good starting point, or even less.
Score
0
January 5, 2013 9:02:58 PM

That's not the point!!! I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a new computer, I want to make mine faster! So, do you mind answering my original question instead of telling me I'm screwed?

What is the best upgrade I can make so that I can play my games a bit faster? $70-$80
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
January 5, 2013 9:18:01 PM

TrevinK said:
That's not the point!!! I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a new computer, I want to make mine faster! So, do you mind answering my original question instead of telling me I'm screwed?

What is the best upgrade I can make so that I can play my games a bit faster? $70-$80


I gave you the link yesterday. That was a 24 hour deal that you missed out on.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Score
0
January 6, 2013 12:11:46 AM

I cannot do 24 hour deals. I want to research what I am buying and make sure I am making the bst decision. Would you mind answering my question? GFX card, RAM, etc. Which would make the biggest impact and what is the bes one I can get for my budget?
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
January 6, 2013 12:42:07 AM

TrevinK said:
I cannot do 24 hour deals. I want to research what I am buying and make sure I am making the bst decision. Would you mind answering my question? GFX card, RAM, etc. Which would make the biggest impact and what is the bes one I can get for my budget?


Best decision is save up.

I already linked you in the last post for a new GPU.
Score
0
January 6, 2013 2:55:56 PM

Ok, but what can I do WITH THE MONEY I HAVE???????
Score
0
January 6, 2013 9:15:30 PM

@Wolfshadow Thanks, I will proably do that. Also, will both of these work on my computer? And what kind of FPS increase can I hope to see in Minecraft and GTA San Andreas (My two favorite games)?
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
January 6, 2013 9:35:16 PM

TrevinK said:
@Wolfshadow Thanks, I will proably do that. Also, will both of these work on my computer? And what kind of FPS increase can I hope to see in Minecraft and GTA San Andreas (My two favorite games)?


You won't see too much of an increase due to a CPU bottleneck. Don't get RAM. It doesn't do anything for FPS.
Score
0
a c 148 U Graphics card
January 6, 2013 9:48:05 PM

TrevinK said:
@Wolfshadow Thanks, I will proably do that. Also, will both of these work on my computer? And what kind of FPS increase can I hope to see in Minecraft and GTA San Andreas (My two favorite games)?


I wouldn't expect to see much of an increase in FPS at all. In fact, it's possible that you may experience a decrease in FPS since the discrete graphics card *may* actually try to do more than your on-board graphics would even try to do. Even under the best case scenarios, though, you're still using a very basic, low-end graphics card. Personally, given your budget limitations, I wouldn't even bother with anything other than the RAM upgrade.

I would disagree with Samuelspark concerning the RAM upgrade. Windows XP will run significantly better with 2GB of RAM installed vs only 1GB. Instead of your system waiting to read and write to and from the hard drive, your CPU will be able to read much quicker from system memory. This will allow your CPU to respond in a more timely fashion to your graphics card.

You might get better gaming performance with the GT640, but you will get better overall system performance with the 2GB of RAM.

-Wolf sends
Score
0
January 11, 2013 6:54:51 PM

Hmmm, ok, what if I had round $100 to work with? What would give me the best boost in games like GTA SA at low GFX settings?
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
January 11, 2013 7:54:57 PM

TrevinK said:
Hmmm, ok, what if I had round $100 to work with? What would give me the best boost in games like GTA SA at low GFX settings?


7750.
Score
0
a c 148 U Graphics card
January 12, 2013 9:30:48 PM

I'd still go with the $30 RAM upgrade I mentioned earlier. If you can push your budget up a couple of bucks, I'd go with this Sapphire Radeon HD6670 for an additional $72 (shipped).

-Wolf sends
Score
0
January 14, 2013 10:40:28 PM

Ok, I hav kown fo a while now that I would eventualy need more RAM, perhaps it's time :) 

And any idea which card would better? Samuel suggest what I assume is a GeForce 7750 , and you suggest the Radeon HD6670. I am a bigfan of nVida, but f I can get a better sped boost elsewhere, then ok.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
January 14, 2013 10:46:53 PM

TrevinK said:
Hey everyone, I have an eMachines W3644 with AMD Sempron 2.10GHz proccessor and nVidia GeForce 6100 nForce 405. I enjoy playing game such as GTA, Minecraft, and Street Legal Racing: Redline. My computer is able to run these games, but usally not very fast. I have saved about $80 - $90 for an upgrade to my little computer, but I have no iea what to get. I think that a new GFX Card will make the biggest difference, since my Minecraft never needs more RAM than I have alocated for it, but I wanted to get some inpt first. What upgrade will make the biggest effect on my games? I do NOT wat to go all out and build a gaming PC, since I hae almost no money, so don't throw that BS at me.

-Trevin K


Ima be real with you you most def need to build a new pc. If you play any more demanding games your system isnt going to cut it and making small shortcuts isnt going to do the trick because your running into bottlenecks all over the place
Score
0
January 14, 2013 10:48:34 PM

I'm playing Minecraft at lowest GFX settings, and GTA SA at 800x600x16.... I think I will ignore that advice.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
January 14, 2013 11:05:49 PM

TrevinK said:
I'm playing Minecraft at lowest GFX settings, and GTA SA at 800x600x16.... I think I will ignore that advice.


There's no such thing as 800x600x16. IMO, just buy an Xbox. You obviously don't want to save a reasonable amount of money for a decent PC, so sell your PC and get an xbox.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
January 14, 2013 11:10:22 PM

TrevinK said:
I'm playing Minecraft at lowest GFX settings, and GTA SA at 800x600x16.... I think I will ignore that advice.


How is it advice? Hmm lets see you run some of todays games at 720p/30 frames per second then if its ? My opinion we just trying to help u if you want to limit your self i have no problem with that but atleast you cant say we didnt try to help. As someone else said you should get a xbox 360 even that would play better and run games more so then your pc would.
Score
0
a c 148 U Graphics card
January 14, 2013 11:14:55 PM

The HD7750 would be a better card than the HD6670, but I wanted to make sure you did the RAM upgrade and stayed within your $100 budget.

-Wolf sends
Score
0
January 18, 2013 5:55:20 PM

No XBOX! Stop drang away from the original question. And nVidia GeForce HD7750?
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
January 18, 2013 6:10:49 PM

TrevinK said:
No XBOX! Stop drang away from the original question. And nVidia GeForce HD7750?


We already answered it multiple times.
Score
0
January 18, 2013 10:39:49 PM

By telling me I need a brand new PC or an XBOX? Cmon!
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
January 18, 2013 11:02:03 PM

TrevinK said:
By telling me I need a brand new PC or an XBOX? Cmon!



The truth hurts sometimes...
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
January 18, 2013 11:39:47 PM

TrevinK said:
No XBOX! Stop drang away from the original question. And nVidia GeForce HD7750?


Were not dragging you away..Just saying you should either get a better pc or goto consoles to where you wont have to pay much and will be able to play most games..
Score
0
January 24, 2013 7:21:16 PM

Well, no.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
January 24, 2013 9:06:19 PM

TrevinK said:
Well, no.


Well you have your answer..Our advice if you wanna game better just build a stronger pc man you will thank us later
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
January 24, 2013 9:25:15 PM

TrevinK said:
Ok, but what can I do WITH THE MONEY I HAVE???????


SAVE IT!!!!

Theres nothing you can really do to that pc that wouldn't be just like throwing your money in the trash.
Your processor isn't powerfull enough to run a gaming gpu.
Your power supply isnt powerful enough to run a gaming gpu
Your motherbd cannot accept even an old but faster processor.
Your ram is old and expensive to upgrade, not that it would do you any good trying to game without upgrading the rest of it.

Face it, you're stuck and the only way out is to start saving for a new build.

Score
0
January 27, 2013 1:52:38 PM

I DON"T WANT A NEW BUILD WHAT IS WRONNG WITH YOU I AM NOT A HARDCORE GAMER

Anyways, looks like I'm going to get a new one for free with this class action settlement. Already decided I want a laptop, as my family is constantly going on weird trips. The one that seems to give me the best bang for my buck is the Gateway NE56R27u, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB hard drive, 2.2 GHz Intel, I think AMD Graphics. What do ypu think?
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
January 27, 2013 8:12:16 PM

Hahaha. You ain't right! You'll get $2 from the settlement. The lawyers get the big money. Get a loaptop with the A10 processor in it. That will run many things just fine.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
January 27, 2013 8:23:57 PM

TrevinK said:
I DON"T WANT A NEW BUILD WHAT IS WRONNG WITH YOU I AM NOT A HARDCORE GAMER

Anyways, looks like I'm going to get a new one for free with this class action settlement. Already decided I want a laptop, as my family is constantly going on weird trips. The one that seems to give me the best bang for my buck is the Gateway NE56R27u, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB hard drive, 2.2 GHz Intel, I think AMD Graphics. What do ypu think?


Like i said stick to consoles not trying to be funny but in your case since you dont wanna build a pc you might be better off with a xbox/ps3 or something.
Score
0
January 28, 2013 12:10:47 AM

Honestly your in trouble this hardware is old so it'll be hard to find anything compatible with it in the first place. Your much better off just saving up for a new PC. No one said spending $400 on a new rig makes you "Hardcore". And don't get a laptop buddy they wear out so much faster than desktops and aren't anywhere near as good as a desktop of comparable value. Just save up a little more, be patient, and get your self something from like iBuyPower if you don't feel comfortable building a rig.
Score
0
January 28, 2013 12:13:10 AM

BUT I LIKE LAPTOPS. I DONT HAVE ACCESS TO ENOUGH MONEY. HELP ME.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
January 28, 2013 12:22:44 AM

TrevinK said:
BUT I LIKE LAPTOPS. I DONT HAVE ACCESS TO ENOUGH MONEY. HELP ME.


Save up some more if you have access to what you have you can save..Btw if you going for gaming i think desktops is a better option
Score
0
January 31, 2013 11:45:54 PM

Phew.
Score
0
January 31, 2013 11:45:59 PM

Okay, I am now going with a completely different path. In total I have $300, with another $100 coming soon. I am going to use this money to build a budget gaming PC! I am using my copy of NFS The Run as a benchmark performance wise. So far, I have figured out that I want to go with an AMD quad-core 3.8 GHz and motherboard bundle found in a tiger direct magazine. As for graphics cards, I can get a GTX 560 used for $120, but if the price says anything about the quality, I am going to have a terrible computer. The other option I am conisdering is an 8800. I have a 32 bit version of Win7, so I am limited to 4 GB of RAM, but I am still going to put 8 GB in it, since it costs more to buy two sticks of 4 GB RAM at different times. My dad has an old SGI case (One of the old purple ones :D ) that always fascinated me when I was little, so we had the idea of using it to make a kind of sleeper PC. We already have hard drives, power supplys, and CD drives all over the place (My dad has been working in computers for a LOOOOONG time, so we've accumulated a lot), so we may end up using the power supply and cd drive already in the SGI. I am not buying a new HD, because then I have to reinstall windows and move my stuff over, so I will just move my current 160 GB SATA with all my files to the new PC. I need some performance stats and tests on proccessors and GFX cards, and general help choosing parts that will give me a good bang/buck ratio. Thanks!
Score
0
!