Assassins creed 3 graphics changes not applying

young1995

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
Hi i got assassins creed 3 for christmas and i have been experiencing framerate issues much like everyone else according to the rest of the internet. my game tends to drop from 50 to 30 fps in an instant. I wouldnt mind playing at a constant fps of 30 however the drop from 50 to 30 is very noticeable. The game doesnt drop below 30. When trying to change the settings in my assassins creed ini to limit the fps to 30 it is not applying the changes to the game. This is also the same when trying to change the resolution in the ini file. is there any reason for the game not applying these changes? Vsync is enabled and i am playing on a HD TV. The fps is currently limited to 50 fps and limiting it to anything will just not work.

I have a sapphire radeon 6870 1GB gddr5 graphics card.

If anyone can help, thank you in advance.

If ini tweaks aren't going to cap the framerate you'll have to to use a third party tool to do it. MSI Afterburner can be used to cap the framerates on selected games in its OSD.

What you do is download MSI Afterburner, install it, then run it. The open the MSI Afterburner On Screen Display Server. Add the AC3SP exe to the list. With it highlighted, click on the wrench icon to open up options, you should see a field that says framerate limit. Set it to 30 and your done. Just keep MSI Afterburner running in the background and it will keep AC3's framerate limited to 30FPS.

young1995

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011

Okay thanks, will it be okay to use with my card. i dont need an msi card do i because i have catalyst control center for my card.

young1995

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011

Thanks for your help ive done it now and it has worked :). its so much better playing with a steady framerate :)