Just built 1st computer- VGA No Signal?

penguin88

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
I just built a computer for the first time and am trying to install Windows 8.

Mobo: ASRock z77 Extreme 4
CPU: i5 3570k w/ Cooler Master cooler
GPU: MSI radeon 7950
PSU: Seasonic 620W
1 tb Hd + 120gb ssd (ssd the only one hooked up right now)
DVD writer

I've got the OS disk in the drive, SATA and power going to the SSD. The VGA and HDMI cables hooked up from my mobo to my monitor but all I see is "VGA No Signal" or "HDMI no signal." I've tried restarting the computer about 5 times. Is there something I am missing?

Solution
OK I got it figured out!! Never installed RAM before, didn't press down hard enough so it wasn't properly installed. Fixed that problem and my system starts up just fine, will be installing Windows now :D
remove the gpu and see if onboard video works with one dimm. if itr works with one dimm...go to the mb vendor and update your bios and change in the bios in priamny video output..from ipgpu to gpu. save then exit. if there no post with just the ipgpu and one dimm make sure the 4/8 pin atx power cable is plugged in and you used the case standoff to keep the mb from shorting out.

penguin88

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
I removed the video card but am still getting the same result- No Signal. I have another question tho: On my seasonic PSU, there is a cable I can't find a place for. It has 2 4pin heads that are right next to each other. Is this my problem?

penguin88

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
OK I got it figured out!! Never installed RAM before, didn't press down hard enough so it wasn't properly installed. Fixed that problem and my system starts up just fine, will be installing Windows now :D

Solution