PC Won't boot.

G

Hi guys,

Okay so today I tried to build a MINI-ITX build.

Here are the system specs:

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy.
CPU: i5 3570
CPU COOLER: Corsair H80i closed loop system.
Ram: Ripjaws 2x4gb F3-12800CL9D 1.5v
HDD: Corsair Neutron SSD 128gb.
Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX Mini ITX Motherboard
PSU: Coolermaster Pro Gold 800w.
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 660 OC 2GB Video Card

The previous build was exactly the same except the cooler was a Hyper Evo 212 and the motherboard was an ASUS P8Z77-M.

I've completed Tom's troubleshooting list (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems)

When I try and boot, the fans spin for 10-12 seconds, then it stops and repeats in an endless loop.

Any ideas? I'm wondering if my rams voltage is causing problems. However the manual does not say ANYTHING about the rams voltage.

Your assistance is appreciated!

scottiemedic

Distinguished
Unplug everything except the mobo. If you have onboard graphics, take out the video card and plug into onboard. Put in ONE stick of RAM, and try.
You should only have your H80 and PSU plugged into the mobo, and not have the PSU connected to anything else. If it boots, get into the BIOS and check settings in there for video output, fan controls, etc) then shut down and put the other RAM stick in. Try to boot. Keep adding one component at a time, boot, repeat until everything is in or something fails.

G

I've tried it without the graphics card in, the only things powered are the motherboard and the cpu with one stick of ram. Please advise what to do next?