Sign in with
Your question

How to increase screen resolution with radeon hd 7670m

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 4, 2013 9:32:51 PM

Hello, just bought hp pavilion g6 with a radeon HD 7670m graphics card, its my first graphics card ever and i thought it would allow me to increase screen resolution. But to my surprise it only takes the max resolution from the integrated intel card... do i have to tell windows to use the radeon card for the monitor somehow?

January 4, 2013 9:37:57 PM

fartagaintuxedo said:
Hello, just bought hp pavilion g6 with a radeon HD 7670m graphics card, its my first graphics card ever and i thought it would allow me to increase screen resolution. But to my surprise it only takes the max resolution from the integrated intel card... do i have to tell windows to use the radeon card for the monitor somehow?

it cant change the resolution of the monitor, it can only go as high as the monitor allows which will be the same no matter what gpu u use!!
a b U Graphics card
January 4, 2013 9:39:15 PM

Shoulda googled before you bought it.

http://abesto.net/the-sad-case-of-the-hp-pavilion-g6-op...

Basically the only thing the 7670m graphics will work on is direct X games and the rest of the time, it will force the intel card. As suggested in that article, you can disable the intel in the bios and only use the 7670m but that defeats the whole purpose of having switchable on the fly graphics.
Related resources
January 4, 2013 9:48:07 PM

getochkn said:
Shoulda googled before you bought it.

http://abesto.net/the-sad-case-of-the-hp-pavilion-g6-op...

Basically the only thing the 7670m graphics will work on is direct X games and the rest of the time, it will force the intel card. As suggested in that article, you can disable the intel in the bios and only use the 7670m but that defeats the whole purpose of having switchable on the fly graphics.

yeeh this sucks, i thought having a graphics card was good in general for any graphics related purpose, now reading it seems its all for games, i mainly want to edit videos on adobe premiere, will it really not help me on that??
a b U Graphics card
January 4, 2013 9:48:55 PM

Regardless, as jasont said, the monitor is what sets the max resolution. It only has so many pixels build into the hardware. If you connected an external monitor with a higher max resolution, the card would let you pick a higher resolution.

January 4, 2013 9:52:12 PM

twelve25 said:
Regardless, as jasont said, the monitor is what sets the max resolution. It only has so many pixels build into the hardware. If you connected an external monitor with a higher max resolution, the card would let you pick a higher resolution.

so would the intel right?
a b U Graphics card
January 4, 2013 10:13:47 PM

First, are you talking about using an external monitor or the laptop screen? What exact model do you have?

January 4, 2013 10:43:50 PM

getochkn said:
First, are you talking about using an external monitor or the laptop screen? What exact model do you have?

exact model is pavilion g6 2206-ss

in principle i would use the laptop screen, its not professional diting i need, just semi-pro for the moment, but i would think abt buying a monitor if it could increase performance i.e by making use of the card
a b U Graphics card
January 4, 2013 10:59:57 PM

1366 x 768 is max resolution for that screen but a external monitor would give you a lot more resolution.
January 4, 2013 11:10:52 PM

yup, that would be a good option regarding resolution... but it would also work just with the intel integrated card, or not?
Also, performance-wise, premiere wont really use the card anyways either right?
February 4, 2013 7:48:48 PM

hey guys i have a problem with the same graphic card i wana to maxmize screen resotuion of some games like general zero hour ,strong hold crusader,need for speed most wanted 2008 and another games but i don't know how and i can't get amd vision engine control center and another thing when i get to specification of pes2013 games i wana to make it work on amd but it still telling me its working on intel like this picture please can any one help me to solve this problem i have get tired for 3 months searching for solution
!