How to increase screen resolution with radeon hd 7670m

fartagaintuxedo

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Hello, just bought hp pavilion g6 with a radeon HD 7670m graphics card, its my first graphics card ever and i thought it would allow me to increase screen resolution. But to my surprise it only takes the max resolution from the integrated intel card... do i have to tell windows to use the radeon card for the monitor somehow?

jasont78

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009

it cant change the resolution of the monitor, it can only go as high as the monitor allows which will be the same no matter what gpu u use!!

fartagaintuxedo

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013

yeeh this sucks, i thought having a graphics card was good in general for any graphics related purpose, now reading it seems its all for games, i mainly want to edit videos on adobe premiere, will it really not help me on that??

twelve25

Distinguished
Regardless, as jasont said, the monitor is what sets the max resolution. It only has so many pixels build into the hardware. If you connected an external monitor with a higher max resolution, the card would let you pick a higher resolution.

fartagaintuxedo

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013

so would the intel right?

fartagaintuxedo

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013

exact model is pavilion g6 2206-ss

in principle i would use the laptop screen, its not professional diting i need, just semi-pro for the moment, but i would think abt buying a monitor if it could increase performance i.e by making use of the card

fartagaintuxedo

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
yup, that would be a good option regarding resolution... but it would also work just with the intel integrated card, or not?
Also, performance-wise, premiere wont really use the card anyways either right?

modyalaskalany

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
hey guys i have a problem with the same graphic card i wana to maxmize screen resotuion of some games like general zero hour ,strong hold crusader,need for speed most wanted 2008 and another games but i don't know how and i can't get amd vision engine control center and another thing when i get to specification of pes2013 games i wana to make it work on amd but it still telling me its working on intel like this picture please can any one help m
e to solve this problem i have get tired for 3 months searching for solution