Voice Modems

mattb

Distinguished
May 25, 2001
Anyone around here a voice modem expert? I'd like to write an application that can answer the phone and accept touch-tone (dtmf) input. I suspect a voice modem could help me do this by interpreting the tones and telling me what digit(s) were dialed. I see that Creative ModemBlaster is on sale and maybe that would do it. I just don't want to buy hardware (even for only $18) and not have it work. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks!

Matt

"If you understood everything i said, you'd be me" --Miles Davis

PCHardstuff

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2001
You will definitely need a voice modem to do that. I may be mistaken, but I believe there are programs available that do just what your talking about. If your interested in buying a voice modem, let me know because I have a brand new creative labs voice modem (#5655) that I got from newegg.com a while back. The only reason I got it was because of a special they have where if your purchase a klipsch product, you get $20 off any creative labs product. Its never been used, and still boxed and in bubble wrap. Just let me know if your interested as I'll give you a good deal on it. Email me at Panzer1945@aol.com.