NOKIA PC SUITE HAS A SERIOUS BUG

I see many people suffer from communication problems with Nokia PC Suite.
This is not your fault but Nokia's.

My 6230 worked fine with 6.5 on my Compaq Presario notebook but stopped
working on my new Dell Dimension 5000. For some reason the connection
between the computer (bluetooth in my case) and the phone is not checked /
established every time the software needs to communicate. I don't know why
some computers disconnect and some don't. Apparently this is not a standard
if I read all the problems with users.

Please check for yourself and download the 30 day Trial Oxygen Phone Manager
which does this correctly. You will be able to communicate withouth any
problem.

Let's hope that Nokia programmers are looking into this and build in the
same check/establish communication protocol that the writers of the Oxygen
Phone Manager have been able to include in their software.

Pieter Knibbe
3 answers Last reply
More about nokia suite

    Actually there are many bugs in PC Suite 6.5; with a bit of thought this
    could almost have been a "killer app", especially if Nokia had implemented
    SMS messaging for Symbian mobile phones (just like Oxygen have!), This
    really would be useful addition to this suite, why cannot it be implemented?

    Backup also fails on a file "transfer", but copy seems to work. Don't
    understand why the difference!

    Had a lot of trouble setting up PC suite as the Manage Connections programme
    set up both Widcomm and Bluetooth drivers. This caused a clash with the TDK
    dongle which only recognises old TDK digitally unsigned drivers!

    How about the ability to see and manipulate the inbox on the phone?

    etc etc!!

    "FairPlay Engineering" <werken@fairplayengineering.nl> wrote in message
[...]

    Regarding the backup file transfer failure of nokia PC suite 6.5: I had the
    same problem with the Nokia Communicator 9300 ( series 80) but it turned out
    that this issue is simply imaginary. The application waits with transferring
    data until all apps and tasks on the smartphone are closed. It can take a
    couple of minutes. Be patient and wait.

    "FairPlay Engineering" <werken@fairplayengineering.nl> schreef in bericht
    >I see many people suffer from communication problems with Nokia PC Suite.
    >This is not your fault but Nokia's.
    >
    > My 6230 worked fine with 6.5 on my Compaq Presario notebook but stopped
    > working on my new Dell Dimension 5000. For some reason the connection
    > between the computer (bluetooth in my case) and the phone is not checked /
    > established every time the software needs to communicate. I don't know
    > why some computers disconnect and some don't. Apparently this is not a
    > standard if I read all the problems with users.
    >
    > Please check for yourself and download the 30 day Trial Oxygen Phone
    > Manager which does this correctly. You will be able to communicate
    > withouth any problem.
    >
    > Let's hope that Nokia programmers are looking into this and build in the
    > same check/establish communication protocol that the writers of the Oxygen
    > Phone Manager have been able to include in their software.
    >
    > Pieter Knibbe

    How about the ability to see and manipulate the inbox on the phone?

    You can do that, My Computer>Nokia Phone Browser then you have all the
    folders, inbox, sent items, templates.

    Not seeing the phone everytime? i wouldn't call that a serious problem, just
    tick the box again and select it.

    There was a problem with calendar syncing with Outlook, but the latest
    version of 6.5 fixes that.

    Gaz.

    "manu" <len.swindells@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Actually there are many bugs in PC Suite 6.5; with a bit of thought this
    > could almost have been a "killer app", especially if Nokia had implemented
    > SMS messaging for Symbian mobile phones (just like Oxygen have!), This
    > really would be useful addition to this suite, why cannot it be
    > implemented?
    >
    > Backup also fails on a file "transfer", but copy seems to work. Don't
    > understand why the difference!
    >
    > Had a lot of trouble setting up PC suite as the Manage Connections
    > programme
    > set up both Widcomm and Bluetooth drivers. This caused a clash with the
    > TDK
    > dongle which only recognises old TDK digitally unsigned drivers!
    >
    > How about the ability to see and manipulate the inbox on the phone?
    >
    > etc etc!!
    >

    > "FairPlay Engineering" <werken@fairplayengineering.nl> wrote in message
    > I see many people suffer from communication problems with Nokia PC Suite.
    > This is not your fault but Nokia's.
    >
    > My 6230 worked fine with 6.5 on my Compaq Presario notebook but stopped
    > working on my new Dell Dimension 5000. For some reason the connection
    > between the computer (bluetooth in my case) and the phone is not checked /
    > established every time the software needs to communicate. I don't know
    > why
    > some computers disconnect and some don't. Apparently this is not a
    > standard
    > if I read all the problems with users.
    >
    > Please check for yourself and download the 30 day Trial Oxygen Phone
    > Manager
    > which does this correctly. You will be able to communicate withouth any
    > problem.
    >
    > Let's hope that Nokia programmers are looking into this and build in the
    > same check/establish communication protocol that the writers of the Oxygen
    > Phone Manager have been able to include in their software.
    >
    > Pieter Knibbe

Nokia