Solved

Can you make this build better?

I was going to buy this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229285 but ended up deciding to build my own PC for the same price of 600$.

Here's my 600$ build http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/ , Few things to note , I did not include the ram or Storage device since I already own a brand new caviar black HDD that I purchased a month ago but never used and the mobo comes with a free 8gig corsair ram deal if you purchase from newegg which saved me 50$. Also, I didn't need to purchase an OS either. all together that saved me 250$.

Also, I have no idea about computers, I was just building around the i5 2500k since a lot of people recommended it over the fx-4100, As for the motherboard it came with free ram, Otherwise purchasing the ram separately would have put me over my 600$ budget. Overall this build looks decent to me and it sure as hell beats the specs I have right now.

I'm happy with the build however one thing I noticed is that there's always that more experienced computer builder who can do better for the price, So my question is , Is my build solid or could it have been better for the price range of 600$?. Oh and the total on newegg was 598$. Forgot to mention this but I have an optical drive already as well.

Edit: My friend mentioned having two 4gig ram sticks would better than having one single 8gig ram stick.. Is this true or not?
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about make build better
  1. Your PC Parts list is broken. Gives me a link to build a new one from ground up
  2. Rockdpm said:
    Your PC Parts list is broken. Gives me a link to build a new one from ground up

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/F8WP

Build is -

i5 2500k intel processor - 220$

HD 7770 GHZ edition - 115$

Biostar TZ77B ATX LGA1155 Motherboard - 120$

500w corsair psu bronze certified - 60$

apex PCV-588 Mid tower case - 40$.

Total - 598$
  3. true, two sticks is kinda better.
    i'm guessing this is gaming pc?
  4. Yeah. I just want a decent rig. My current computer specs are trash.

Amd athlon 64 x2 @ 2.3ghz

HD 6450 1G DDR3 GPU

DDR2 RAM with 3gigs in use.

and some crappy mobo.
  5. Best answer
    Get this.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($129.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock N68C-GS FX Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($44.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($44.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card ($159.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT Source 210 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $449.94
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-22 03:41 EST-0500)

I got you a better buld than an i5-2500k with a 7770... -___-

The motherboard is cheap but motherboard doesn't affect performance.
  6. cutebeans said:
    Get this.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($129.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock N68C-GS FX Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($44.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($44.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card ($159.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT Source 210 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $449.94
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-22 03:41 EST-0500)

I got you a better buld than an i5-2500k with a 7770... -___-

The motherboard is cheap but motherboard doesn't affect performance.
    Dang, I already purchased my build :pfff: . On the bright side I can probably upgrade the GPU within a few months , I think it'll be worth the wait since I read a lot of post saying amd is inferior to intel when it comes to gaming. If I hadn't purchased already I would have definitely used your build! Anyways, thanks for the build I'll be using it soon when I build my little brother a budget computer :D.
  7. Best answer selected by Glutting.
  8. Glutting said:
    Dang, I already purchased my build :pfff: . On the bright side I can probably upgrade the GPU within a few months , I think it'll be worth the wait since I read a lot of post saying amd is inferior to intel when it comes to gaming. If I hadn't purchased already I would have definitely used your build! Anyways, thanks for the build I'll be using it soon when I build my little brother a budget computer :D.

your build is way better. I5 2500K is way better in gaming than a 6300. I had the 6100 back in the day and went back to Phenom I disliked it so much. Just upgrade your graphics card and you will be fine
  9. Yeah. Plus, The gpu is much easier to upgrade and install, Where as the cpu not so much :non: ( at least for me). Overall I do like his/her budget build :).
Ask a new question

Read More

Build RAM Systems Product