Sign in with
Your question
Solved

I have a question about Space? Radeon 7770 Vapor

Last response: in Systems
February 22, 2013 6:19:01 AM

I'm Buying a Radeon Vapor 7770 with Hyper 212 Evo I use a cooler master Elite 430 case. I'm worry about my motherboard will it get in the way with my Ram or video card I will only attach one fan?

I'm getting http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

in I have

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Motherboard
My computer has been Clean up a bit better this is a few month old picture Will I have enough room current GPU is a duel slot

a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2013 8:02:58 AM

It shouldn't hinder much (the CPU Cooler will hinder more than GPU), but I personally recommend getting HIS' HD 7770 "iCooler", not Sapphire's HD 7770s.
HIS' HD 7770s are the best 7770s you can get on the market right now: they are small, very energy efficient (consume less energy out of all other HD 7770s), very cool and quiet, while performing roughly the same (and even better, in some cases). There are HIS HD 7770 "iCooler", and HIS HD 7770 "IceQ X". I personally highly recommend getting "iCooler" one.

Sapphire's cards are very good at "medium" and "high" pricing segments, but at "low" and "tight budget" pricing segments HIS completely dominates the market with it's "iCooler".

Also, you'll probably wouldn't need to do that, but I'll suggest anyway that you change that PSU for something better:
"CX"es are the worst of what Corsair offers on the market right now, they can work for ultra-cheap (like, "HTPC cheap") setups, but you'd better not use them in desktops, because they are basically an outsourced product assembled of the cheapest components possible and they can be quite unreliable.
What I'm suggesting is that you get a 450~500W PSU, and if Corsair, then at least "TX" line - they are MUCH better.
m
l
February 22, 2013 8:26:07 AM

ya I have a iceQ they are Decent but my psu has not gave me any problems for a year it had a Him to it for a while but that is gone now its running like a Champ Ill keep that in mind I'm thinking of the Seasonic 520 for 64 bucks its 20 dollars off atm but can't get that for another 2 weeks

Would this due ? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2013 8:46:23 AM

Yeah, SeaSonic would do just fine (since, basically, 60% of all Corsair's high-quality PSUs are made by SeaSonic, lol. Starting from "TX"es and up to expensive beasts like AX "1200i").
As for GPU: HD 7750 is so much weaker than HD 7770, than even the weakest GTX 550 Ti (THE most weakest modern Nvidia's GPU up to date) will kick it's ass easily. So better not. :\
Just get that "HD 7770 iCooler" and you'll be absolutely fine. Don't try to economize by jumping lower, man. Usually nothing good comes out of that. 7770 is the lowest you should get.
February 22, 2013 8:54:31 AM

ya I been getting low lvl *** all the Time. I no for a fact this will out perform my 6570 which cant barely stream 1080p with out lag it use to when I first got it.

I'm hoping this HS will help my North bridge out it over heats 72c in the middle of summer thanks ..
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2013 8:56:44 AM

You will be actually surprised by how good HIS' "HD 7770 iCooler" performs for such a cheap, low-level GPU. There's a vastly big difference between previous gen and current gen.
Simply because they moved to a new tech-process even the lowest of GPUs started performing like "low-mid/mid" level cards. Just don't forget to always download freshest drivers.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2013 9:04:51 AM

You would be able to AA some "2~3 years old" games just fine, and even some of the most freshest ones (well, maybe just with exception of such MONSTERS as "Max Payne 3", "Far Cry 3", or "Crysis 3"), and you'll probably would be able to max out almost anything that's "4 years old" and older (like, for example, "Dragon Age Origins", "Mass Effect", or GTA IV).

Zalman's Coolers suck major balls. Don't even think of getting them unless it's "CNPS12X" (this is the ONLY really worthwhile Cooler Zalman made, so far).
m
l
February 22, 2013 9:07:47 AM

LOL ok ill sick with the hyper 212 evo haha Thanks for the chat in advice
m
l
February 22, 2013 9:08:18 AM

Best answer selected by joec_10.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2013 9:15:37 AM

You'd better get something low-profile from Noctua (I personally recommend NH-L12 and NH-C14).
Because that Hyper 212 can be a bi*ch sometimes and may not fit into your case.
m
l
February 22, 2013 9:19:01 AM

I seen Reviews of were people had the same case as me :/ 
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2013 9:22:13 AM

My point is in that Hyper 212 had tons of different versions/revisions through the years, and some of them are bigger than others, so if for some it might work, for other it might not.
It all depends on what particular version of Hyper 212 you're getting.
m
l
February 22, 2013 9:25:43 AM

the one on here is 159 in my case is 163 right?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2013 9:31:37 AM

joec_10 said:
159mm.

"R2" revision, huh...

...hmmmm...

Well, since you're planning on using Micro-ATX motherboard and (judging by that photo of yours) you're not going to use any fans on the door, I guess it'll fit...yeah, it should.
m
l
February 22, 2013 9:40:50 AM

Yep I'm going be buying a few Startech fan power splitter cables So I can have a fan in the front of my case in for the Cooler it self Not sure how many I need I only have 3 fans atm 2 on top pushing Air out the case in one for the cpu I'm going add one to the front of my case also.
m
l
February 22, 2013 9:54:54 AM

You should give your CPU cooler a clean out. Looks really dusty
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2013 9:58:32 AM

He already did. Read OP-post carefully.
m
l
February 22, 2013 10:03:45 AM

lol this is a old Picture its more cleaner I had a friend help with some Cables too lol Prob needs another dusting its been about a month since my last :/ 
m
l
!