Monkey Island Madness help

OK, recently I found my old copy of "Monkey Island Madness", and I went to
try to play it in my computer.

However, when I tried, I got the following message

TITLE: 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem

D:\Monkey1\Monkey.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running
MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
application

Anyone know how I can solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about monkey island madness help

    Hi Master T,

    Here's an easy method to solve that error:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit

    If that doesn't correct the issue, try this manual method:

    1. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\repair
    Right-Click and Copy the file named: autoexec.nt *

    2. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\System32
    Right-Click in that window to Paste the file
    (Answer yes if prompted to replace existing file)

    * Note: If the file autoexec.nt doesn't exist on your system
    right click the link below and select the "Save Target As.."
    option to save the file in C:\WINDOWS\System32
    http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/AUTOEXEC.NT

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Master Thrasher" <thexbox@att.net> wrote in message news:tVPqe.938121$w62.437618@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
    | OK, recently I found my old copy of "Monkey Island Madness", and I went to
    | try to play it in my computer.
    |
    | However, when I tried, I got the following message
    |
    | TITLE: 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
    |
    | D:\Monkey1\Monkey.exe
    | C:\WINDOWS\System32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running
    | MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
    | application
    |
    | Anyone know how I can solve this problem?
    |
    | Thanks in advance.

MS-DOS Microsoft Windows XP