  • MS-DOS
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
June 12, 2005 9:40:41 AM

OK, recently I found my old copy of "Monkey Island Madness", and I went to
try to play it in my computer.

However, when I tried, I got the following message

TITLE: 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem

D:\Monkey1\Monkey.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running
MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
application

Anyone know how I can solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

More about : monkey island madness

Anonymous
June 12, 2005 1:45:11 PM

Hi Master T,

Here's an easy method to solve that error:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit

If that doesn't correct the issue, try this manual method:

1. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\repair
Right-Click and Copy the file named: autoexec.nt *

2. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\System32
Right-Click in that window to Paste the file
(Answer yes if prompted to replace existing file)

* Note: If the file autoexec.nt doesn't exist on your system
right click the link below and select the "Save Target As.."
option to save the file in C:\WINDOWS\System32
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/AUTOEXEC.NT

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

!