Solved

I need help on what to upgrade please

Hello, I need to know mainly what to upgrade my graphics card to. I believe these are my system specs.

K10N78D asrock mobo PCI-E 2.0 compliant

2 x DDR PC2-6400 @ 4 gigs

480 watt power supply

AMD Phenom(tm) II x4 920 Processor 2.80 GHz = quad core

Radeon hd 4600

Additional info:

I bought this PC for relatively cheap and windows experience index said I should work on mainly upgrading my graphics card and I agree. Any help on what to upgrade to would be nice.

I also was wondering about this hd 4600. It seems to not be that powerful and oddly enough doesnt look like any of the pictures I see online of the radeon hd 4600. I look under device manager and it says radeon hd 4600 though.

If it is possible that a better graphics card would be Nvidia over Radeon just let me know!

Thanks!
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrade please
  1. It would help to know what sort of games you'll play and what your budget is to upgrade the card.
  2. Best answer
    I'm guessing your PSU is cheap, which means before you upgrade your gpu you need a new power supply. Those Antec VP 450w units are great for less than $40, then you could throw a 7770 in your system and run that. You could step up to the 650TI but I think your CPU may bottle neck then.
  3. Please tell your buget and max screen res
  4. I think around $300 for budget. 1920x1080 is fine. And that power supply sounds like a good idea. I would like to play battlefield 3 at close to maximum if possible. If that is not possible I would be fine with maybe running it at medium to low with fluid gameplay around maybe 70 fps.
  5. Yea, you won't max battle field 3. Unless you want to OC your CPU I'd stay with a 650Ti or a 7770. Those cards will handle the game well at mid settings.
  6. Go with hd 7770.
  7. Thanks for the replies!
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics Cards HD Graphics