Sign in with
Your question

Bottleneck ?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 5, 2013 12:18:15 AM

I'm considering to upgrade my graphic card , and i want to know if the gtx 660 ti will be a waste on my core2quad 2.4 GH , 4 gigs of DDR2 , 4 years old system ? will my frame rate be constrained ?

thanks

More about : bottleneck

a c 180 U Graphics card
January 5, 2013 3:07:51 AM

I think gtx 660 ti will be bottleneck to that cpu.why not you upgrade your whole system and the get new gpu.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 5, 2013 3:53:21 AM

yes +1 ashish65
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b U Graphics card
January 5, 2013 3:57:37 AM

or depending on what core2quad you have (some are better than others like q9xxx > q8xxx) you can overclock your current setup and then get a 660ti. if you can reach (around) 3.5ghz that should help a lot.
but if you have money, upgrade and sell the old parts. also, 8gb of ram should help.
m
l
January 5, 2013 4:34:30 AM

ASHISH65 said:
I think gtx 660 ti will be bottleneck to that cpu.why not you upgrade your whole system and the get new gpu.

"why not you upgrade your whole system"
money is tight , thanks for the answer .
m
l
January 5, 2013 5:09:37 AM

thanks for your input guys .....
m
l
January 5, 2013 5:21:38 AM

dyalibya,

I can't tell if you're upset, and if those messages are in vain. The truth is, all of the posters just put their two cents in, which is exactly what you asked for them to do. I know for a fact that there are some $400-600 gaming builds that are floating around these forums (though I am no expert on these). If you want to add a $250 GPU to a system, then the system should be able to handle it. You could get a less powerful GPU for less money and probably experience the same results as the 660 ti (because of said bottleneck).

Posters weren't bashing your rig, they were just putting their opinion in.

Best of luck!
m
l
January 5, 2013 10:39:13 PM

i8myhippo said:
dyalibya,

I can't tell if you're upset, and if those messages are in vain. The truth is, all of the posters just put their two cents in, which is exactly what you asked for them to do. I know for a fact that there are some $400-600 gaming builds that are floating around these forums (though I am no expert on these). If you want to add a $250 GPU to a system, then the system should be able to handle it. You could get a less powerful GPU for less money and probably experience the same results as the 660 ti (because of said bottleneck).

Posters weren't bashing your rig, they were just putting their opinion in.

Best of luck!

not offended at all , i cant see how you came up with that , also , my PC is hardly worth calling a rig .
m
l
!