Sign in with
Your question

Diablo 3 lag

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 5, 2013 1:38:17 AM

As the title states, I'm having fairly server lagging in Diablo 3 yet I don't lag in guild wars 2, left 4 dead 2, or battlefield 3. I tried changing all of my settings around with no help. I looked at some threads on here but I never saw a definite answer.
Asus z77 sabertooth
intel i7 3770k
Corssair 60gb + intel 60gb ssd raid 0
western digital 2tb hhd
corsair 1200w psu
Nvidia made 660ti
16 gigs of corsair vengence ram 1600
8 gigs of patriot high performance ram 1600
antec h2o 920 water cooler
10 corsair case fans

My problem is when the screen gets busy I drop from 60 fps(vsync) to 10-15. I've tried without vsync on and then I have screen tearing. Any help?

More about : diablo lag

a b Î Nvidia
January 5, 2013 2:21:19 AM

have you tried using adapative vsync instead of vsync its probably better to use that then the normal application vsync as it isn't as hostile on your card.
m
l
January 5, 2013 3:58:22 AM

Yes. I went into my nvidia control panel and turned on the vsync directly there. It has helped a lot but I'm still having lag issues at times, not as bad though. I read to do that and turn off shadows, which did nothing, to help. Any other ideas what it could be?
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b Î Nvidia
January 5, 2013 4:06:41 AM

I'm not exactly sure what else you can do. I think your system is a bit overkill for the games you are playing unless you are using multiple screens so there is probably a bit of micro stuttering. I haven't played diablo 3 in a while its possible the servers are not normal
m
l
January 5, 2013 4:10:01 AM

It would actually help if you shut vsync off, it will actually cause more lag than fix it most of the time. If that doesnt work, I would have to say it has to be the internet connection as the computer itself is easily capable of handling that load, even on a dual monitor setup
m
l
January 5, 2013 4:10:32 AM

Ya, I'm well aware my system is overkill but I just had surgery so it kind of spiraled out of control. Well the search contiunes because like I said, it doesn't lag on battlefield 3 with ultra settings or any other game.
m
l
a c 80 Î Nvidia
January 5, 2013 4:15:42 AM

It is like an issue with what ever server you connect to in Diablo 3. Are you connecting to a server in your country? I don't recall if you had more control than that, but if you can choose a different server, do so.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
January 5, 2013 4:17:25 AM

It could be v sync I would try and use adaptive v sync if you are insistent on vsync which may be possible.
m
l
a c 80 Î Nvidia
January 5, 2013 4:23:35 AM

It is highly doubtful any of his problems are related to his CPU or GPU. Diablo 3 will be well over 120 FPS at all times, assuming he turns off the built in FPS limiter in the Video options. Diablo 3 is child's play for 680's. I played it with 680's, and it never dropped below 110 FPS with v-sync on. I'm not even sure it ever dropped below 120 FPS.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
January 5, 2013 4:30:21 AM

What frames do you get in Diablo 3 epic.
m
l
January 5, 2013 4:35:38 AM

The servers are divided into countries. I am playing on and live in the U.S. I just been told that it is probably the Diablo 3 servers. My computer itself shouldn't lag and I am on wifi but it doesn't lag in Guild wars 2, minecraft, Battlefield 3 or any other games. You think it's possible to be the Diablo 3 servers blizzard is using?
m
l
a c 80 Î Nvidia
January 5, 2013 4:40:20 AM

epic_errors said:
The servers are divided into countries. I am playing on and live in the U.S. I just been told that it is probably the Diablo 3 servers. My computer itself shouldn't lag and I am on wifi but it doesn't lag in Guild wars 2, minecraft, Battlefield 3 or any other games. You think it's possible to be the Diablo 3 servers blizzard is using?

I used to play WoW, and when my server split, and I went to the new PvP server, my latency jumped from 150 to 400. It was located in Boston I believe. I could connect to many different East coast servers (I'm in California btw), and most gave me far better connections than that one. The rest of my guild had no issues with it.

Some servers are just poor, depending on where you are at. The server itself may work great for many, but badly for you. Have you checked the latency bar while you are in game?
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
January 5, 2013 4:41:13 AM

possible just seems odd on there end I don't know I haven't had any issues with them. However I wouldn't doubt it. I mean because of how poorly the game has been doing since the launch of the game its quite possible they are condensing the servers who knows I really don't have a answer about there servers.
m
l
a c 80 Î Nvidia
January 5, 2013 4:41:51 AM

bigshootr8 said:
What frames do you get in Diablo 3 epic.

Diablo 3 epic? What do you mean by epic? I quit several months ago, after I had beaten it several times in inferno.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
January 5, 2013 4:42:43 AM

epic is the poster sir. I should of inserted a comma but I'm not after being a grammar nazi.
m
l
a c 80 Î Nvidia
January 5, 2013 4:45:23 AM

bigshootr8 said:
epic is the poster sir. I should of inserted a comma but I'm not after being a grammar nazi.

I was just trying to figure out if there was something new I wasn't aware of.
m
l
January 5, 2013 7:07:52 AM

I'm running two 680's so i pull 250-300fps all day with v-sync off but my monitor's refresh rate is only 60hz so I have a lot of screen tearing, which is why I play with it on. My latency won't change when I lag which is why i'm starting to rule out my connection, but with that being said I do have periods of terrible connections where my latency is 800+. I live in Houston, Texas so my provider is comcast. But I just don't get why only Diablo 3 is being affected and none of my other games.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
January 5, 2013 11:41:25 AM

Did you try disabling SLI? It could be causing issues.
m
l
January 5, 2013 4:52:30 PM

To be honest, I never gave it a second thought. It didn't make sense to me but I have to go out right now. I'll give it a try when I get back and let y'all know.
m
l
January 6, 2013 9:32:50 PM

Well It still lags with one 680. I tried everything. -.- Anymore ideas?
m
l
a c 80 Î Nvidia
January 6, 2013 9:39:07 PM

Check GPU-Z and make sure the bus interface is listed as PCIe 2.0 x8 or better. A single 680 will also be able to play the game at 120 FPS with ease.

Your problem is likely a result of your internet connection or their server.
m
l
January 6, 2013 10:24:31 PM

Well I'll give a direct connection to the internet a try instead of wifi. When I get it done I'll post results.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
January 6, 2013 10:25:09 PM

You'll feel it most definitely.
m
l
February 19, 2013 5:54:50 AM

Hey, i used to have the same ping or even more :D  but i have found a good fix for diablo 3 lag you can check it at my blog
http://diablo3lag.blogspot.com/

if you find it useful please like & tweet
m
l
February 19, 2013 12:57:19 PM

Diablo 3 just lags nothing no one can do remember its a online game and in my experiences diablo 3 does lag
m
l
February 19, 2013 3:53:03 PM

The onbly thing is I have friends with a direct connection that don't lag at all.
m
l
February 19, 2013 5:35:07 PM

i found something. go to start>control panel>programs. and than press "Turn Windows features on or off" than the final step> look for .net framework usally its "microsoft .net framework 3.51" version and uncheck it. after a few minutes you will able to play game on high graphic, without any lag issues :)  (i copied it from here http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4211604030 ) try if it will work
m
l
February 20, 2013 2:27:38 AM

Diablo 3 is a strange game people try many workarounds but they are meh..Everyone knows that
m
l
February 20, 2013 2:48:03 AM

Diablo 3 is a strange game people try many workarounds but they are meh..Everyone knows that
m
l
February 21, 2013 9:46:59 PM

So basically there isn't a real way to fix it? You just have to deal with it? There are a lot of people saying to disable some cpu cores for this game.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
February 21, 2013 9:52:23 PM

I'm not so sure about that blizzard has been pretty good about optimizing there games for quad cores.
m
l
February 21, 2013 10:14:12 PM

Well the problem is coming from somewhere and I've spent a lot of good money to fix what blizzard and everyone else said was on my end. New router, now modem, tried new graphics cards, everything. None of my other games lag at all, even battlefield 3 on 64 player games which I'm sure is much more data and computer intensive. The only game I lag on is diablo 3... I'm about to give up on all blizzard products. They've dropped the ball on customer service and quality.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
February 21, 2013 10:45:27 PM

Do you directly connect or wireless. I would think part of the lag could come from wireless but I don't know. You also have to take into consideration that some of the games you have are more optimized for SLi BF3 to name one. I haven't really been keen on blizzard of late this is the first WoW expansion I haven't played. And SC2 has connection issues as well however the game is pretty rock solid and HoTS is going to be sweet!
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
February 22, 2013 1:06:58 AM

I would purchase with best buy with computer components ever... Pricing is more expensive then it needs to be.

ASUS CARD: nearly 50 dollars cheaper then either of those cards ><
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-video-card-gtx660tidc...
MSI: Same story
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-video-card-n660tipe2gd...
EVGA: if you want a evga card I would get the signature 2 card from them.
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-video-card-02gp43664k...
m
l
February 22, 2013 2:02:49 AM

But i get a discount so... ya. Lol and the sig 2 is completely gone right now and we don't have any according to the website and or stuff at work. I'm trying to get a card replace the 660ti I just got with my best option. So any opinions that are in stock, not in the market place, or between the two I posted?

Also tomorrow i'm going to try and direct connect my comp to see if that fixes anything.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
February 22, 2013 2:31:55 AM

Yea I would compare the pricing between the stores. If you are still under with the other sites then it would make more sense to get the card there. And honestly I'm not to fond of either of the two cards that best buy is offering for the fact that its a reference card. If you had to the EVGA card but even then you are paying the price of a premium 660Ti card elsewhere so like I said it depends on your discount.
m
l
February 22, 2013 3:12:28 AM

Well my discount is cheaper then what you could buy a gpu for on newegg even with a sale.

But back to the topic. What card would y'all recommend? If you find one on best buy's website that isn't a market place item that you think would be best then throw it out there.

Also if you have another fix for my lag issue throw that out there too.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
February 22, 2013 5:01:47 AM

There is a latency fix that is out for world of warcraft there is a chance that it could impact diablo 3 as well if you wanted to give it a shot.

http://wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-LeatrixLate...

if you can get any of the ASUS or MSI cards get those instead.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+Graphic+Card/1305542...
or
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/MSI+-+Graphic+Card/13055339...

In the end I would get the ASUS card if you can get it cheaper then newegg then do it who am I to judge.
m
l
February 22, 2013 5:51:24 AM

Can't, they're market place cardso they are actually sold by another company. Just listed on best buys website.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
February 22, 2013 5:53:03 AM

I have no idea.... Best Buy absolutely blows when it comes to actual useful computer hardware I mean I take it you work there walk around your hardware isles I'm sure you notice it. I live by a premiere store there is nothing premiere about their selection.
m
l
February 22, 2013 6:12:29 AM

epic_errors said:
I'm actually not in sli anymore with 680's. I put in a 660ti because someone paid me pretty well for the 680's and I didn't really need them. It's just annoying. Even with wifi i'm still pulling 35mbps. Shouldn't that be enough?

Also what card would y'all go with?
nvidia
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/NVIDIA+-+GeForce+GTX+660+Ti...
evga
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/EVGA+-+GeForce+GTX+660+Ti+F...

eh? I would of kept 1 of teh 680s and called it a day for my main gpu..a 660ti is so much weaker but thats just me
m
l
February 22, 2013 6:17:15 AM

That's because computer *** doesn't sell. We'll get in 5 motherboards, cpu's, gpu's, etc. Top of the line one's too and price match online which we did, and a year later, we might have sold 1. It's not worth it. Even stores like fry's are getting to the point we're they are shrinking their sections. The problem is, people buy a part and sit on it for years.

Ya but I got offered more then I got paid for the 680 and I had already returned one cause I didn't need it.

But still trying to resolve my issues. Any advice on the gpu's or lag would be appreciated.
m
l
!