mbadillo1

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
So i heard a whining noise coming from computer and it appeared to be the graphics card. I got the replacement and it still made the noise. Then i thought that is was the motherboard so i replaced that as well now the noise continues. The noise only is present while i play games. Could it be that the power supply is the cause? (random thought i had is that there be something wrong with the pci connections of this power supply and that might be causing the card to whine)

mbadillo1

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
this is the original graphics card. the replacement one i got was the on that got to 85c and the fans sometimes ran at 100% noise was still present. Should i try for another replacement?

Well normally places wont replace a card with coil whine but you can try. Explain that eventually it can lead to longer lasting damage and that you would like a replacement. It's worth a try. It all depends on how annoying it is and if its something you can drown out.

[flash=640,360]http://www.youtube.com/v/HP73edpQwgc?hl=en_US&version=3[/flash]

mbadillo1

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
Okay i did it is coming from the graphics card. Yeah i was wondering that ,but no noise comes from power supply. Can it be that the power delivery of the power supply might be causing the noise?

mbadillo1

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
SilverStone 600W Single +12V Rail ATX 12V v2.3 80 Plus Certified Active PFC Power Supply ST60F-ES. Yeah it the graphics card only when i play games it starts whining.

mace200200

Honorable

When capacitors go bad they'll start to make a screaming noise. Which is bad. Transformers can cause more of a buzzing noise which is fine. Without to long of an electronics lesson the magnetism switches polarity in the transformer to cause it. Usually you need sharp ears to hear it (I hear my PSU buzz, but I can't hear it over the lights when they're on if you can believe that).

If the sounds always been there its usually fine, it's when it's a new sound that you should check it out more.

Thanks for info. :)