Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Integrated video card comes only with MB or also with CPU?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 5, 2013 5:43:07 AM

Hi,

1) Integrated graphics come along only with the MB (motherboard) or with some of the CPUs too? I thought integrated graphics always come only with the motherboard, but recently I came across some online advertisements for few processors where they had mentioned integrated graphics as one of the features of those processors, so these graphics come along with CPUs too or only with the motherboards?

2) For simple or basic internet browsing the integrated graphic is enough or a separate graphic card might further improve the web browsing experience? I will never use the computer for gaming etc.

Thanks!!!

Best solution

a c 172 U Graphics card
a c 86 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
January 5, 2013 5:49:09 AM

most new processors come with integrated graphics. All of the intel i3 and i5 series come with them, and the g series. The amd FX, phenom and athlon cpu's dont have a gpu, the amd cpus with an "A" prefix have a gpu, like A10 5800k. The amd cpu's have considerably better integrated graphics than the intel solutions, although the intel cpu's have better cpu performance, depending on model. If not using a dedicated graphics card, for general use, i would recommend an amd A6 (dual core) or A8 cpu (quad core) which would be great for general use, and you could play a less damanding game on them if you wanted to.
January 5, 2013 5:55:42 AM

Thank you very much!, so if i buy a CPU with integrated graphics then no need to buy a motherboard with graphics (just plain mother board should be enough), it will be redundant agree? Thanks!!!
Score
Related resources
a c 172 U Graphics card
a c 86 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
January 5, 2013 5:57:22 AM

Richard HA said:
Thank you very much!, so if i buy a CPU with integrated graphics then no need to buy a motherboard with graphics (just plain mother board should be enough), it will be redundant agree? Thanks!!!

well they wouldnt sell a board with integrated graphics for a cpu that already has integrated. But you must still get the right motherboard to be able to use the cpu's graphics core. FM2 boards for the amd cpu's.
Score
January 5, 2013 6:13:58 AM

Thanks!!!
Score
January 6, 2013 10:59:12 AM

Best answer selected by Richard HA.
Score
!