Your opinion about my new rig?

Gaimz

Honorable
May 5, 2012
Hey guys.

I wanted to know your opinion about this new rig of mine. I want to play latest games at 60 fps, multi-task and keep that rig for a few years. maybe overclock that too.

CPU
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler
Corsair H110 94.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard
Asus Maximus V Formula/ThunderFX EATX LGA1155 Motherboard

Memory
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory

Storage
OCZ Vertex 4 64GB 2.5" Solid State Disk

Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk

Video Card
2X Asus GeForce GTX 680 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)

Case
Cooler Master HAF X Blue ATX Full Tower Case

Power Supply
Corsair 1200W 80 PLUS Platinum Certified ATX12V / EPS12V

Optical Drive
Asus BW-14D1XT Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer

Solution
Well, congrats anyway :) It's not what I'd recommend but it's certainly very nice.

If we were playing BF3 side by side on 60Hz 1080p monitors with adaptive vsync on, you wouldn't be able to tell them apart. My total build cost was $1300. On the other hand, if you have three monitors or a large 1440p monitor yours will smoke mine. Would also whip mine in C3, FC3, etc.

I was more concerned with the best balance of performance to cost at the time.

Again, have fun and be happy with your sweet system.
3570K is best bang for the buck, but if you have the money the 3770K could be helpful in a couple years if the consoles force better threaded games.

How high are you planning to OC? A $35 Evo can get you ~4.4GHz, a $75 Noctua DH-14 probably 4.6 or so. Looks like little bang for the buck on the 100i.

What does that really expensive mobo provide you that a $140 ASRock Extreme4 (or similar) doesn't? See this article: http://www.anandtech.com/show/6697/asrock-fatal1ty-x79-champion-and-x79-professional-review-from-a-gamer-to-gamers/11

2133 MHz ram will have no appreciable benefit over a set of 1600Mhz ram at the standard 9-9-9-24 timings.

Why two SSDs? Can just make a C: partition on the larger one.

Two 670s (or better yet two 7970s) are a better price/performance value. But, you didn't say how many monitors and what resolution. A single 670 maxes most things today at 1080 ultra (Crysis 3, Far Cry 3 are exceptions).

850W PSU is the max you need (really could go with a 750). Why Platinum? You'd have to run it under load for the better part of a day for many years to make up the price difference from Bronze (assuming you pay US-level prices for electricity - BUT it's worth it if you find it on a great sale). See this: http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/143029-empowered-can-high-efficiency-power-supplies-cut-your-electricity-bill/3

Why would you want to write BR disks? Slow and expensive compared to an external HDD.

Just some food for thought.

Gaimz

Honorable
May 5, 2012
I got the 256 samsung ssd for 219$ and the psu for 299$
i wanted reliable and fast parts..I really like asus mobo and this one is a very complete and solid for overclocking

ogasnor

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2013
My opinion is that is a pretty beastly system you have there. Probably not the most efficient in terms of overall performance vs money, but as long as you have the excess funds available, why not?

Well, congrats anyway :) It's not what I'd recommend but it's certainly very nice.

If we were playing BF3 side by side on 60Hz 1080p monitors with adaptive vsync on, you wouldn't be able to tell them apart. My total build cost was $1300. On the other hand, if you have three monitors or a large 1440p monitor yours will smoke mine. Would also whip mine in C3, FC3, etc.

I was more concerned with the best balance of performance to cost at the time.

Again, have fun and be happy with your sweet system.

Solution