Windows SP 1 Bluetooth stereo headset not detected

octoberqueen

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
My stereo bluetooth headset-Dell Byte Corseca stereo bluetooth headset is not getting detected in my Acer Laptop (Acer 4752z). The headset works fine with my mobile. My laptop too can detect other bluetooth devices like mobile phones, mono stereo headsets, bluetooth mouse without any problem. However the headset is not detected when i try "Add a Device". Please help me with this problem.

mariaanne1954

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012

I have exactly the same problem with my Acer Aspire 5810TZG so if you have an answer yet could you please let me know. Thanks a lot.

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

Have either of you tried updating the driver for the built-in Bluetooth?

Also, the thread title of this old thread indicates the original poster didn't even have Service Pack 2 installed, let alone SP3. Hopefully entiher of you are similarly behind the times.

I'm not working in a W7 system at the moment so this could be quite wrong but I wouldn't put it past Microsoft to design an Add new Device utility that doesn't check whether Bluetooth is even switched on and is Discoverable. Given that the headphones probably don't have a Discoverable setting, one end of the mutual transaction needs to have it.

I say this because in my XP system here, Control Panel>Bluetooth Configuration shows six tabs - including Discovery - and also has an Add Device button which I can click and start the motions going to find a new device. All that in spite of the fact that the Hardware tab says there is no device in this system..