New Homebuildt Computer has No Signal to the Monitor

meveyshow

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
Hello,

Here are my current specs to my newly build computer.

Motherboard - Biostar AMD 970 Motherboard - ATX, Socket AM3+, AMD 970, DDR3 2000 MHz (OC), SATA III (6Gb/s), RAID, Gigabit LAN, USB 3.0 (TA970)

CPU -AMD FD8350FRHKBOX FX-8350 Eight-Core 4GHz AM3+ Processor - AM3+, Eight-Core, 4GHz, 16MB, 125W, Unlocked

Case - Cooler Master RC-932-KKN5-GP HAF 932 Advance Full Tower Case - ATX, Black, SuperSpeed USB 3.0

Graphics Card- EVGA GeForce GTX 650 01G-P4-2650-KR Video Card - 1GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0(x16), 1x Dual-link DVI-I, 1x Dual-link DVI-D, 1x Mini-HDMI, DirectX 11, Dual-Slot

RAM - Patriot Viper 3 Intel Extreme Masters PVI316G186C0K 16GB Limited Edition Memory Kit - 2 x 8GB, PC3-15000, 1866MHz, 10-11-10-30, 1.5V

SDD - Intel X25-M SATA Solid State Drive - 160 GB, 2.5 inches

Monitor - Acer ET.WG5HP.B01 G215HV BBD 22" Class Widescreen LCD Monitor - 1920 x 1080, 20000:1 Dynamic, 600:1 Native, 5ms, VGA, DVI

PSU - Ultra LSP750 750-Watt Power Supply - ATX, SATA-Ready, SLI-Ready, 135mm Fan, Lifetime Warranty w/ Registration

DVD - Samsung SH-224BB/BEBE Internal 24X DVD Burner -Tray, SATA, 1.5MB Buffer Memory, 16x DVD-R Read, 48x CD-R Write (OEM)

I've been getting this no signal for about two days now. I've tore it apart and put it together numerous times and it has me puzzled. Everything powers up and if you get close to the dvd,you can hear that beep like it's turning on. The dvd portion has a green light meaning its reading the disc. However, my motherboard did not come with a vga port. I am using VGA from my monitor and using the DVI-D adapter to the graphics card since it has no vga. Another thing came to mind is in the case it tells you which standoff screw pattern to use. I was using the Micro-ATX since my board is tiny. Not all the standoff screw placements cover my board holes due to my motherboard being tiny, that a problem? I find myself trying plug in my usb keyboard and mouse and neither work. I have two usb cables and i plugged them into the usb_1 & uab_2. I have 2 usb. 3.0 and it came with a normal sata cable but what i was reading is i'll need an adapter to connect it to my motherboard. I've check the connections numerous times, i've watched 10 videos on the jumpers and i do have it right, i made sure everything was plugged in. (everything powers up, all fans including case, cpu, power supply, graphics card) Nothing seems to work with getting into onto monitor. Maybe there a setting on my monitor that i will need to get? Do you think i should get straight dvi cable? It seems that adapter doesn't tighten all the way down it could be causing a lose connection. I just got it two days ago and it's been nothing but a nightmare problem. Could someone please help me?

Sergej Sedlich

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013
I have the same thing now, my set up is :
Motherboard : Biostar TA970 (same as yours)
CPU : AMD FX6350 6core 125W unlocked
GPU : Geforce gtx580 (works fine,tested it on another pc)
DDR3 ram : Crucial Ballistix 12GB 1600mhz
PSU : Cronus 850w 80+ sli ready

tried everything,gpu and cpu seem to heat up but i get no beep,no monitor signal,and to turn off pc i have to hold power off button for 5 secs...losing hope here,my best guess is the motherboard,because i know for sure that gpu works,cpu heats up so i think it works aswell,tried diffirent ddr3 rams,no use...
can you post a reply if you solve this one please?

even tried putting a cmos jumper which was not included in the box but says in the manual that its supposed to be connected..