Sign in with
Your question

How much do you think this is worth? (closed)

Last response: in Systems
February 22, 2013 4:42:45 PM

So, Does anybody know how much this computer would be worth? Since im planning on buying a dell XPS....

System specs of Hp Compaq 8100 elite sff
Intel i5 660 3.33ghz
8gb 1333mhz Ripgaw ram
(forget the upgraded Disc drive) 50$
Nvidia geforce Gt620 2gb MSI
500gb 7200 RPM HDD

Any advice on how much this will sell for? ;) 

More about : worth closed

a b B Homebuilt system
February 22, 2013 5:01:49 PM

Assuming it's fully functional and has a legal operating system installed (plus OEM recovery/installation disks), about $150 - $200.

-Wolf sends
February 22, 2013 5:09:29 PM

.... Really? Yes, its a legal operating system. but, How could this be worth 200$??? Isnt it worth alot more?
Related resources
February 22, 2013 5:23:35 PM

Xyloriuphon said:
.... Really? Yes, its a legal operating system. but, How could this be worth 200$??? Isnt it worth alot more?

No... Sorry... It's about 200$... CPU is kinda good, the RAM is OK, but the graphics card sucks pretty much and it isn't new... So... Yeah... Sorry
a b B Homebuilt system
February 22, 2013 5:38:27 PM

small form factor, bad gpu, leaves me thinking its about $100-150 tops.
February 22, 2013 5:41:58 PM

ah, okay, i will see what i can get out of it, The graphics card is "newly bought" about, 2 weeks old, Ram, About the same age, so, yeah, Darn... I wasted my money.........
a b B Homebuilt system
February 23, 2013 12:09:15 AM

Unfortunately, you have to take into account that most people could purchase a new, comparable system for around $350. The fact that your system is used is going to depreciate it's value. The fact that it's using outdated technology, which generally increases the cost of upgrades, makes it even less valuable.

The graphics card you purchased is barely better than any on-board solution you may have had. As such, yes, I would consider it wasted money. The RAM, on the other hand, wasn't necessarily a bad purchase. You probably could have done better with only 4GB of RAM, but since DDR3 RAM is so inexpensive, I don't consider it a complete waste.

-Wolf sends
February 25, 2013 1:58:47 PM

Wolfshadw said:
Unfortunately, you have to take into account that most people could purchase a new, comparable system for around $350. The fact that your system is used is going to depreciate it's value. The fact that it's using outdated technology, which generally increases the cost of upgrades, makes it even less valuable.

The graphics card you purchased is barely better than any on-board solution you may have had. As such, yes, I would consider it wasted money. The RAM, on the other hand, wasn't necessarily a bad purchase. You probably could have done better with only 4GB of RAM, but since DDR3 RAM is so inexpensive, I don't consider it a complete waste.

-Wolf sends

Well, The Graphics card is a Load lot better then before, My games got boosted about, 40-60 fps.... Not kidding, In the Experience index, the gaming rised from 4.2, to 6.3! The card i would say is a lot better, The Integrated card, was just a normal Intel Hd Graphics.... So, I guess i will have to live with it.....
a b B Homebuilt system
February 25, 2013 2:55:37 PM

Xyloriuphon said:
Well, The Graphics card is a Load lot better then before, My games got boosted about, 40-60 fps.... Not kidding, In the Experience index, the gaming rised from 4.2, to 6.3! The card i would say is a lot better, The Integrated card, was just a normal Intel Hd Graphics.... So, I guess i will have to live with it.....

thats only because you are comparing it to built in graphics, in reality, that card is extremely weak. on the used market it is close to worthless.
February 25, 2013 3:33:19 PM

daswilhelm said:
thats only because you are comparing it to built in graphics, in reality, that card is extremely weak. on the used market it is close to worthless.

Well, its the best i could fit in there, since, The case only allows Low profile cards... Which is a bummer, So, Yeah, I guess i wasted money.... Time to save up.... :bounce: 

EDIT: I guess i could stick a low profile Radeon 7850 in there, but, MINIMUM PSU req, From eXtreme PSU calc, Says, 236, But, Recommended, 286, I only have 240... So, I guess that will not be happening.... :sol: 
!