HD6870 CF vs HD7950

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Performance
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 5, 2013 9:18:01 AM

hi there,

so i have been debating lately whether i should sell my two HD6870's and buy a 3GB 7950 instead and i just wanted to know what would be the better performance choice ,
and not to be rude but i have had no problems with crossfire because i solved micro stuttering mostly and i don't really encounter any compatibility issues so dont try to tell me all about how that's why CF is worse. :p 

i am purely looking for which ones would give me better performance e.g. FPS and smoothness of gameplay

thanks for all your help :) 

More about : hd6870 hd7950

January 5, 2013 9:28:58 AM

rudi95 said:
hi there,

so i have been debating lately whether i should sell my two HD6870's and buy a 3GB 7950 instead and i just wanted to know what would be the better performance choice ,
and not to be rude but i have had no problems with crossfire because i solved micro stuttering mostly and i don't really encounter any compatibility issues so dont try to tell me all about how that's why CF is worse. :p 

i am purely looking for which ones would give me better performance e.g. FPS and smoothness of gameplay

thanks for all your help :) 

A 7950 will get better fps AND the single card will be great for ALL games (some games do not work well/make use of crossfire).
January 5, 2013 10:52:10 AM

If you're setup is so great why do you want to upgrade? Personally, I've always found a single powerful gpu is better than a pair of less powerful gpus, but that's my personal feelings/experience talking.
Related resources
January 5, 2013 11:07:00 AM

i do find it pretty great but i was just wondering if that 7950 would make it even better
January 5, 2013 11:11:10 AM

6870 in crossfire when working correctly is going to be better than a 7850. I'd say more on par with an OC'd 7970.
January 5, 2013 11:58:58 AM

A single card solution is always preferable, unless you don't mind the heat, noise, electricity cost and possible incompatibilities.
January 5, 2013 12:09:57 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Graphics & Displays by Mousemonkey
!