Sign in with
Your question

Computer won't post

Last response: in Systems
February 22, 2013 10:20:59 PM

my computer did not shut down properly and now the monitor nor the keyboard works. I have to hold the green button(start) down for a few seconds to get it to shut down. It is not booting up and there is one short beep and one long one. Have it reparied or junk it? Thanks

More about : computer post

February 23, 2013 3:13:05 AM

Well first i would look up the MOBO's Beep codes to find out what the error is.

Also if you want input on if its worth fixing you need to give us some specs to help out.

but first i would look up the error .. if you do not have the mother board manual you can look at the board its self to get the make and model and look it up on the manufacturer website to see what the beeps mean.
m
l
February 23, 2013 4:36:10 AM

As Tirfi said look up what the beep codes mean and go from there. It could be as simple as a bad ram stick and at the price of ram today it would be a waist to scrap it for just a bad ram stick.

Also post back your system specs would be of great help.
Motherboard make/model
CPU
GPU make/model
Ram make type/speed
PSU make/model
m
l
Related resources
February 23, 2013 4:41:50 AM

I always start with testing ram with boot issues because its simple ... If you have more then one stick then you should take out all but one stick of ram and test each one by its self to rule out bad ram ..

but the beeps are a error code so its always best to look that up first and that makes it so there is no need for the trouble shooting ..
m
l
!