Sign in with
Your question

Which is better XFX or MSI for the hd 7950?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 5, 2013 2:17:01 PM

Him im thinking of buying one of these cards for my new pc and am not sure which to buy. Should i get the "XFX AMD Radeon HD 7950 Double D Black Edition" or the "MSI AMD Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III OC". Which is better?

More about : xfx msi 7950

a b U Graphics card
January 5, 2013 2:23:35 PM

They are almost identical, however looking at some benchmarks the MSI card tends to pull away very slightly. But this is only due to the card having a higher clock speed than the XFX card.

Remember to take into account other things such as warranty and price ;) .
a b U Graphics card
January 5, 2013 2:26:31 PM

msi is much better or so have i heard. people complain about xfx cards not having proper cooling and the fail rate is much higher i dont know whether all this is true
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b À AMD
January 5, 2013 2:26:51 PM

MSI Twin Frozr is better

it has better headroom for oc and better cooling
January 5, 2013 2:30:38 PM

Does it make any difference that the xfx black edition has higher stock OC?
a b U Graphics card
January 5, 2013 2:38:09 PM

My last card and current one are both XFX and still working fine, nothign wrong with them imo.
Im still rocking a Radeon 5850 black edition thats been on 24/7 since new.

black edition will have a higher clock rate and therefore be faster. I would consider the Double D version with the 2 fans for better cooling if going with a 7950 though
a b U Graphics card
a b À AMD
January 5, 2013 3:09:26 PM

well the xfx is only 20hz oc d.....with the better cooler that the twin frozr,you can easily oc it to that speeds and much beyond it.

all the best
a b U Graphics card
January 5, 2013 3:22:13 PM

Both brands have good reputation. I guess the difference between the two are minimal. But I would have a tendency to go with MSI because I heard a lot of good things about their new coolers, but not that XFX have cooling problems... It could also come down to price, if you get a better deal with one of them it could be an incentive or tie breaker.
!