Whats Wrong with My gaming PC

I just purchased my first gaming pc this new cyberpower pc and It looks great and everything but for some reason on games that should be getting low fps I am getting in the 30's like black ops 2 and skyrim is there something wrong with windows 8 or does this computer just suck because I thought it was good

Here is link to the computer http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229385
41 answers Last reply
More about whats wrong gaming
  1. It's normal, that pc has a really low end card even for those games, it's more like a htpc card than a gaming one, you need a much better card and a new psu for it(the one in that pre build is only 350W and a generic psu) if you want more fps.
  2. Can you return PC's to newegg and should I or just deal with it
  3. I don't think you can return it based on the performance, since it was explicit what was the graphic card, but if you can yes, it will be going with a one with a better gfx card, if you can't you have to deal with it, you can always add a better card with a new psu(required), if you can afford it.
  4. djangoringo said:
    I don't think you can return it based on the performance, since it was explicit what was the graphic card, but if you can yes, it will be going with a one with a better gfx card, if you can't you have to deal with it, you can always add a better card with a new psu(required), if you can afford it.


    I wouldnt have been able to afford it but I have called newegg and they said I can switch it for store credit so can you send me a link to a computer that I should buy
  5. The prebuilds in there are all weak in the gpu department, for the price of the other one.
    If you must buy a prebuild, those are the two with decent cards :
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227444
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883258005
  6. djangoringo said:
    The prebuilds in there are all weak in the gpu department, for the price of the other one.
    If you must buy a prebuild, those are the two with decent cards :
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227444
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883258005


    Well I would like to buy a I7 processor and I can afford a 660 nvidia card
  7. You don't need the i7, look for a pc with the i5 cpu or the with amd FX-6300/FX-83xx(if it's cheaper, those are good cpus, as long as it's from the piledriver architecture)and a 660 gtx from nvidia or 7870 from amd if you can afford it.
  8. Well all my friends tell me to get i7 because its the best processor and I heard all amd sucks and that nvidia was the best graphics card
  9. For gaming, you don't need more than the i5, the hyper threading of the i7 doesn't help in gaming, for gaming what you need is a better gpu, even an i3 + 660 gtx is miles better than an i7+7770/650 gtx.
    So you need to look after a good card, amd cards nowadays offers decent drivers, nvidia still has better drivers, but there's nothing wrong with going with amd cards, if it's cheaper and better, usually they have good cards in terms of performance per dollar, with the 7870/7870 tahiti le and 7950/7970.
  10. Well I dont know what to buy I want to buy a computer that can handle modern games like skyrim and black ops 2 with at least medium graphics with 60 fps but I dont think I can do it with my money I have about 900$ to offer
  11. would it be worth just upgrading my current computer to 660 nvidia
  12. This one will do : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227441
    That one is not good, it has the 640 GT, it's a low end card, like i said, what matters in gaming is the gpu, the i7 won't bring fps gain, but the gpu.
  13. well by about 900$ I meant like 850$
  14. 850$ ?
    There's this one, but it's out of stock : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229394
    But i would go either with the i5+660 gtx or with the prebuild hugocugo linked if you can afford it.
    Can't you buy the parts and ask in newegg to assemble it ?
  15. what amd graphics card would be equal to a nvidia
  16. The 7870 is slightly better than the 660 gtx.
    The 7870 tahiti le/7950 is about the same as a 660 ti.
  17. well If I was gonna buy a computer that is I5 with a 660 graphics card wouldnt it be just the same to upgrade my graphics card on my current computer because I dont really wanna waste my time with shipping and all the stuff I have to do if I am just doing pretty much the same thing
  18. You need to upgrade the psu in your current pc, so you need ~200$ for the gpu and ~40-45$ for the psu.
  19. like was said earlier you'll need a new PSU and GPU, probably cost more than you want to spend considering the 660ti is ~$300-350 on its own.
  20. Yes, but you need a new power supply the one you have in the pc is a generic 350W psu, you need a better psu, within 500W and from brands like corsair,xfx,seasonic,antec,pc power and cooling,fsp,enermax,etc.
  21. well Is there a computer with I5 or I7 with any nvidia graphics card and good psu for around 750$
  22. Nope, you won't find with an i5 and a 660 gtx, i suggest buying the parts and assemble it yourself or for newegg to assemble it.
  23. How much will that cost and I meant a i5 or i7 with ANY nvidia graphics card so I can upgrade to a 660 nvidia
  24. It's decent, but it still has a low end card : http://tpucdn.com/reviews/EVGA/GTX_650_Ti_SSC/images/skyrim_1920_1200.gif

    I would get one with at least a 7850 or 660 gtx.
    Like i said if you can pick the parts and ask for newegg to assemble it, it will fit in you budget.
  25. Is there something I can use to like pick the parts or do I just have to buy them all indivdually?
  26. You have to buy them individually.
  27. how do I get newegg to make it
  28. would this work

    http://pcpartpicker.com/

    on new egg for parts
  29. You have to put in a local shop to assemble, idk if newegg will do it, but it will still be cheaper.
    Yes, that's a good tool to look for parts.
    Here's what you can get for ~800$ : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FmAN
  30. Well I can only buy from newegg because my return is only in store credit
  31. See this :

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3350P 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($179.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z75 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($84.55 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.50 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card ($194.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Zalman Z5 ATX Mid Tower Case ($25.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 Full (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $767.97
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

    The motherboard is actually 77$.
  32. with tax it will be way to much newegg gives free tax and free shipping
  33. Yes but I think its kind of overpriced but maybe not
  34. djangoringo said:
    See this :

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3350P 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($179.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z75 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($84.55 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.50 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card ($194.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Zalman Z5 ATX Mid Tower Case ($25.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 Full (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $767.97
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

    The motherboard is actually 77$.



    Is this a good computer?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227441
Ask a new question

Read More

Cyberpower Gaming Computers Systems Product