Sign in with
Your question

EXTREME budget build (and a water cooling question)

Last response: in Systems
February 23, 2013 12:11:45 AM

Hey guys! About last summer I got some used (and decent) parts for a computer from my bro ( he got a new one) and now I decided I need an upgrade. I'm kinda new to this PC building thing and the only experience I had is helping my friend build his rig. I read up on some things on the web and I think I'm ready to build.

I am not a rich guy. I don't have much money but the money I do have is for living necessities and for school. I'm looking to spend 300 dollars to 400 dollars. I want at least a quadcore processor. I also have a water cooling system in my computer and is it possible to use that and transfer it over the my new computer?

My specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.40GHz
5.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 (5-5-5-18)
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5NSLI (Socket 775)
ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner)
233GB Hitachi HDT72252 5DLA380 SCSI Disk Device (Fibre)

I already have optical drives so i do need any and I already have an OS and peripherals. I wish I could recycle as many parts as possible. I want to play some demanding games such as BF3 or something. Thanks :D 
February 23, 2013 4:01:06 AM

On that budget keep your current rig and then upgrade your GPU to a 7870 XT and increase your RAM to 8GB. The Q6600 is still a perfectly capable CPU. It's no 3570K but it's good enough that it still holds its' own.
m
l
February 23, 2013 4:17:26 AM

Hey! Thanks for answering and I was wondering if there was any other GPU options? If my current rig is fine I might spend my money towards a decent monitor or I might add it towards a new TV so my buds can come over and watch. I don't need to play the games on the highest settings. I just want to be able to play, even on the lowest settings (I'm not really interested in graphics). How do I search GPU compatible to my mobo?
m
l
February 23, 2013 4:27:31 AM

FlyKoreanBoi said:
Hey! Thanks for answering and I was wondering if there was any other GPU options? If my current rig is fine I might spend my money towards a decent monitor or I might add it towards a new TV so my buds can come over and watch. I don't need to play the games on the highest settings. I just want to be able to play, even on the lowest settings (I'm not really interested in graphics). How do I search GPU compatible to my mobo?

If you go to your manufacturer's website and look up the specs it will tell you if the GPU works. The Radeon 7870 XT is a great GPU for the price. The 660TI is good as well.
m
l
!