Why does my computer crash when i try to play a game!?

0scar

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
Every time i go to run a game for example bf3 and skyrim my computer just crashes and my screen goes black and my monitor goes on standby but the computer is still running, and i cannot do anything apart from a manual reboot. Minecraft runs for about 5 seconds and then the same thing happens also, i downloaded the "OCCT" testing program, and when i test my CPU it is fine, when i test my GPU my computer just crashes and screen goes black and then also when i test my power supply the same thing happens and my pc just crashes and the screen goes black, i was running all of my games forever before today and have had no problems what so ever, yesterday i was running bf3 in ultra and recording at the same time and everything thing was perfect, just today this has randomly started happening, i will put the stats of my pc below.
My computer is new, i built it about 2 weeks ago, all parts are new, Ive been playing games on it for over a week, all fine up till today! Im pretty sure everything is installed correctly and all drivers are fine because it was working yesterday and for weeks. Ive checked inside and all seems good, also tried updating drivers but all up to date! Im really puzzeled as to how to fix this!

Any advice and help would be much appreciated!

CPU - AMD FX 8150 Eight-core 3.6ghz
Graphics Card - Gigabyte GTX 560Ti
RAM - 16gb @ 1600mhz
PSU - 700w
Hard Drive - 2000gb (2tb)

PLEASE HELP

Thanks.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

Brand of power supply.

Also "when i test my power supply" what do you do exactly?

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

x-power is a known exaggerator of wattage, unreliable with sub-par components.

You played russian roulette with the most important piece of your computer.

You need to replace it.

0scar

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013

Alright thanks! Can you suggest any good PSU for arounf £50? Also do i need a 700w+ PSU?

Thanks for your help.

0scar

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
Hey guys, just replaced my PSU, bought the Corsair TX 650W and it fixed the poblem! All good now! Thanks all for your help :)

Marco Marcomike

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

Marco Marcomike

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
cpu is too high you try to minimize what you have already installed try to see past the grapic cards through drivers the drivers must be download first (online)what games are suitable to work for your cpu when you upgrade your CPU is too large it must be divided equally to play the game on the cpu did not actually need to upgrade your cpu is too strong